00:23

chapter twenty-three |
J a s o n  p o v

I could stop thinking about everything.  I didn't understand why her mind was occupied with thoughts of him. She should be thinking about me, us.

As soon as the words flowed out of her mouth I felt my world fall apart. She loved him but she would never love me, I thought to myself.

I watched as the bartender kept sending me glances over her shoulder. She was curvy & well fit. She was wearing a black mini skirt with a black crop top. Her hair was in a messy bun & her eyes were green. She had the wrong idea, I was no way in any shape or form, interested in her.

I knew I was very observant, it was something you had to be when you live a lifestyle like mine.

Her constant staring & purposely bending down, made me feel uncomfortable. I didn't want her I wanted Y/n, even though I knew that I couldn't have her. "I need another beer." I rushed.

"I don't think so that's been your fifth bottle." The bartender said while throwing a rag over his shoulders.

"And?" I asked.

"And I can't give you anymore. You're drunk sir."

The bar was pretty empty there was only me, the girl & the guy. I saw her walk down the exit, swaying her hips. I'm guessing she finished her shift. I rested a one hundred dollar bill on the table. He stared down in confusion. He eyed the green paper as he grabbed another bottle. He opened it, resting it in front of me with concerning eyes.

The television was going on the whole time—but a specific news segment made me stop dead in my bar stool.

"Change the channel." I simply said.

He grabbed the remote putting the volume up. My foot started tapping vigorously on the stool as I heard the reporter talk about
Y/n's disappearance & how the town was mourning Jax's death. The news was making it seem like his death was more important than her disappearance.

I heard how they kept talking about how an amazing son, student—BOYFRIEND he was. Don't they know how abusive he was, physically & emotionally. I asked myself. Why doesn't her supposed family & friends tell the cops that? Huh?

"Change the god damn channel!" I yelled. I saw myself becoming more & more over the edge. My gun was in my pocket & I felt tempted to use it.

—Then I thought of her. I threw the, half drunken, beer bottle on the ground, stumbling out of the bar.

A/N: Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter & comment your thoughts.