00:53

A/N: Guess what, I hit over 300k!!! Thank you so much.

Here's your dose, lol

chapter fifty-three |
J a s o n  p o v

I watched how she adorably looked over at the equipment quizzically. I just laid there watching her, I didn't think she noticed. She slowly sat down beside me, watching the doctor come in. He sent us both a 'you naughty little children' looks. I'm guessing this happened regularly with young adults in hospital rooms.

"Nothing to worry about, your equipment just got pulled from the machine." He said. He took my arm and connected a small wire back onto a small patch. He looked at the monitor, pressing a few buttons. "See? You're not dead." He joked, Y/n thought he was funny I on the other hand thought he was annoying.

Once he left the room, my eyes landed on her. "Why do you have to flirt with him right in front of my face?" I asked, I tried to hold back the smile that was threatening to show. "What?" She scoffed.

"I see the way you look at him." I said with a blank look. Her eyes stared deeply into mine, I saw a hint of sadness. I wanted to give in and laugh but the facial expression she had written on her face showed something deeper, I knew she had feelings for me.

But that's not enough. She needs to be in love with me.

"He's an old man." She said like it was the most obvious thing ever. I laid there with my hands across my chest. I pretended like I was angry at what she just said. "What do you want me to say?" She laughed, I watched as she watched me amusingly. She rested her hand on my chest, slowly poking my cheek. "Stoppp, I'm mad at you." I whined. I shooed her hand away from my face.

I tried hiding the small smirk that was lingering on my face.

"Why?" She asked. Her finger kept poking my cheek repeatedly. "You're flirting with older men." I said dramatically, her eyes widened. At the same exact moment we both started laughing. I couldn't hold in my amusement. I sounded ridiculous and she knew it as well.

"You're so dumb, at first I thought you really felt that way." She said, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Your reaction was cute." I said, I watched as she rolled her eyes at me.

"Can you straddle me again? It'll make me feel better." I begged, holding onto to her hand.

"That was a one time thing, No way, we almost got caught." She said dramatically.

I stared up at her, she sent me a confused look. She grabbed a pillow, covering my face. "Stop staring at me like that, it's creepy." She said. I slowly removed the pillow from my face, amused by her being so flustered. "If you give me a kiss I'll never look at you again." I lied, She cracked a small smile, leaning in to place a quick kiss on my cheek. "That doesn't count." I whispered. I found myself staring at her longer than normal again. "McCann you're staring, again." She whispered.

"I know. I lied, Do you have a problem with me staring at you?" I asked,  she bit down on her bottom lip, watching down at me.

"Yeah, it's uncomfortable." She argued back.

"How? I make you feel uncomfortable?" I asked, clearly being amused because of the affect I had on her. "Very." She said. "Who knows what you think about in that head of your's."