00:52

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who's celebrating. If not, Have a nice day!

A/N: this update is for all the people was say 'your story is addicting' or 'it's like a drug.' I'm flattered & here's your dose. lol

chapter fifty-two |
J a s o n  p o v

"Can you bring her in because I need to see her." I said while the nurse kept attaching some equipment onto my body. It was like she wasn't listening to me. I was getting more irritated by the minute, it's like she was purposely ignoring me. I grabbed her wrist, stopping her from doing anything else. She looked up at me fearfully.

"I want to see her now." I said slowly. She yanked her arm from my grasp, exiting my hospital room. I sighed running my fingers through my hair, when I lifted up my arm, there were a whole bunch of wires connected to it.

This is why I hate the hospital.

I knew that I got shot because I remembered everything so clearly. Me watching her on the ground, helpless, wondering where I was to protect her.

How could I forget?

But it was worth it, I'd do anything to protect her. If that bullet would've hit her, I don't know what I would've done.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself, i knew that her being with me would be dangerous. I don't live the most safest lifestyle. But a part of me is selfish, I need her, without her my life had no meaning. Without her I was nobody killing time. My life was a mess without her, if something happens to her I don't know what I would become.

The door slowly opened and my body perked up from the bed, I saw Lotus and Zayn walk through the door. I was a little disappointed. "Where's she?" I rushed, "The doctor said only 2 visitors maximum can visit." She said.

Okay....so why the fuck are you guys in here first?

"So she said we could visit you first and she'll go last." He finished, I was a little disappointed, I wanted to see her first.

"Are you okay?" She asked, I shrugged my shoulders, I didn't feel any pain. I guess the medicine they were giving me was working. "Yeah I'm fine, were you guys worried?" I asked, it was kind of amusing seeing them worry about me, I wasn't use to people caring about me as a person. "You got shot." She said like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"I know, this is not my first time." I said, I watched her as she sent me the most blank look. Zayn on the other hand found it funny, just like me, that she was freaking out. "Your shooter ran away." He said, my eyes traveled up to his. I watched as Lo nudged him in the stomach, while sending him a glare.

"How?" I asked, watching her. I knew she could use a gun.

So how could Leighton have ran away? The person that was planning to kill the love of my life is walking around breathing?

If anyone was trying to kill Zayn, the man she loves, I would've killed them in a heart beat. "Let's not talk about this." She sighed, I knew we couldn't talk about it here, so I let it go.

For now.

I looked down at the Prada bag that was in Lo's hand. I remembered buying it for her on her 20th birthday. I was surprised she was using it, she told me she hated it.