00:26

chapter twenty-six |
J a s o n  p o v

I jolted up from my sheets with a ball of sweat running down my face. I searched around my room frantically—it couldn't have possibly been a dream? She kissed me right? I laid there remembering my heated dream. The way her lips felt against my neck—The way her hands felt against my skin. Wasn't that real? I slowing touched my lips, hoping to still feel the traces of her touch, even though it was all in my dreams.

I got up from my bed. As soon as my feet landed on my carpet floor my head started to feel light. I could already feel how bad my hangover day was going to be. I could barely remember anything that happened last night—but one thing that stood out caused me to finally smile like an idiot.

She loved me—she may not have loved me yet but I could see that she felt something. She didn't just see me as someone she hated anymore, a cold hearted man that kills people. She saw through me, seeing me as someone she could possibly love.

If she tells me to pick between her love & being who I am, what would I do? Throw everything I have worked for away? I don't know—this whole thing just got way too deep. I thought.

I went in the bathroom, studying myself in the mirror. Once again I head bags under my eyes & I felt like shit. You would've expected me to be immune to hangovers by then. I quickly brushed my teethe & ran cold tap water over my face.

I wonder if she dreams about me too?

Y o u r p o v

I had the weirdest dream that night. It felt wrong. I would've never done any of those things to him. It made me feel uncomfortable, why would I be having a dream like that about him? I wondered. Does this mean something? Does this mean I have feelings for him? I didn't know if I would ever admit those words to myself or to him.

Jason was completely damaged & needed healing. He needed a girl that would love him unconditionally & shape him into a better person. He deserved someone that would risk her life to change him & I just didn't  believe that that was me. I said this all the time but I couldn't ever be with someone who would look in another's humans eyes, watch how terrified they are & watch the life drain from that person's eyes. Humans are supposed to feel remorse.

I stood here, talking myself into doing this. I was in front of the telephone as I lifted it up to my ear. I would've been an idiot not to call the police. The phone was sitting on the counter, it was my opportunity to be free. A tear fell down my cheek, while my fingers hesitated over the numbers.

I can finally see my family—my friends. I thought.

My hand was shaking realizing that this was possibly it. I quickly pressed on the nine still trying to talk myself out of doing this. All he wants is to beloved, right? But he kills innocent humans for money, drugs, cars. My heart raced as I pressed the one. I swallowed down hard as I gasped for air. I quickly pressed one again & my hands failed me. The phone dropped from my hands but I knew the call went through. I would finally be free.

However, I felt someone breathing behind me. I knew he was standing behind me, I slowly turned around & my eyes met with his. His chest was heaving up & down & his mouth was slightly parted. He looked hurt. "What did you fucking do?" He whispered, His eyes kept flickering to me & the telephone that kept saying:

911 how may I help you?

A/N: tell me your thoughts !