00:62

A/N: I made an Instagram. A lot of you guys asked if I had one, but now I do. You should follow me ;) @Jetblakheart

chapter sixty-two |
J a s o n  p o v

"How long till they find their bodies?" I asked bitterly. I lifted the bottle that was in my hand, slowly tilting it. I felt the bitter but numbing sensation of the alcoholic poison go down my throat . My eyes felt heavy & tired, not from lack of sleep but from life itself.

My conscience was running wild & I knew that I wasn't gong to get any sleep that night. I knew that the girl that was sleeping upstairs was traumatized from what happened hours ago. As I much as I wanted to see Leighton suffer, I just didn't want Y/n to be the one to take someone's life. I knew she hated her, but not enough to kill her.

I wasn't supposed to make her become me. That wasn't the plan. The plan was to be with her, get her to fall in love with me, then let her make me a better person—change my messed up life and make it something to actually live for. Instead I put her in a position that made her kill someone. For me that would have been a normal day but for her it's different. She's nothing like me, us. Her heart, her mind, it's pure. I couldn't help but think everything was my fault.

"Not long." Zayn said. He was sitting on the kitchen counter, his back was leaning on the cabinets, while he finished his bottle. Matt & Grayson were sitting awfully quiet in the living room, the tv was off and everyone was just embracing the moments of silence.

Josh barged into the front door, he looked at us with wide eyes. "Anybody wanna tell me what the fuck happened?" He asked attentively, his eyes scanned over us erratically. "Oh look, you finally decided to show up. You're a little late." Grayson said bitterly. "Shut the fuck up Gray. Well?" Josh questioned again. Everyone's eyes landed on me, I'm guessing it's my place to explain what happened.

"Y/n shot Leighton." I said, the words felt uneasy, pouring out of my mouth. His eyebrows furrowed deeply. "What?" He asked dramatically.

"Meaning Y/n used a gun & shot her." Matt said slowly. I watched as realization kicked in. His face looked like a mixture of many different emotions. "With what gun?" He asked closely. "Mine." I said, he ran his finger through his hair stressfully.

"Is that why you guys burned down the building?" He asked, watching all of us.

"Yeah. Too many people saw us enter. They would've started to put the pieces together if we just fled only." Grayson said. Josh finally threw himself on the armchair, "I was surprised that Jason pressed the alarm system, before fleeing." Gray said. I rolled my eyes at him. "I didn't want anyone to die, it wasn't necessary." I said bluntly. I watched as Matt used the table to pop open his beer bottle. "You don't regret doing that to your father?" He asked.

Here we go again.

"No I don't. He's worth millions, he won't miss it." I shrugged.

Do I really mean this?

"It doesn't make sense. She willingly had the intent to kill her? That doesn't seem like her." Josh questioned, still stuck on the subject. I heard Grayson scoff at Josh's comment. "It does seem like her. Don't forget about almost a month ago when she went to that fucking ally to confront her, with a gun." He argued back.