00:43

A/N: Officially the longest chapter I've produced. Just noticed I have over 45k reads. Thank you.

chapter forty-three |
Y o u r  p o v

His tattoos were more colorful than Jason's. He had a sleeve on both of his arms & they were sprinkled with beautiful colors. I found them intriguing, there was one that stood out the most to me on his arm. The one that said: Zap! I wondered what it meant to him.

"Here's a towel & a washcloth." He said, resting them on the sofa. I grabbed it not really giving him eye contact. I felt like he noticed me staring at him.

"Are you hungry?"

"No, I-I'm fine." I breathed. I heard the shower turn on, signaling that Lotus was in the shower. Which also meant that I was officially alone with him.

He sat on the sofa, keeping his distance. I just looked down at the white towels that were in my hand. I was wondering if I should get up & hop in the shower or enjoy this awkward silence. "Everything fine with..?" He asked, while motioning to my foot. His voice was so thick & sharp. I was surprised that he actually cared how I was feeling.

I bent my head down, playing with my fingers. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to answer his question. "Uh, yeah it's healing." I said. I awkwardly brushed my hair off of my shoulder. "I get this weird vibe that you don't like me." He said bluntly, I turned my head & I was greeted with his piercing eyes. "Wow, your vibe senses are impeccable." I said sarcastically. That caused him to laugh, which made me crack a smile. "Aren't you just so funny." He smiled, once are laughters quieted done his face returned back to an intimidating look. "Like I was trying to say, sorry you got hurt." He said thoughtfully. I gave him a small smile, I didn't understand why people would say that to me. You shouldn't have to feel sorry if you weren't the one that physically ran your car into mine. You could feel bad though." But I want you to know that I left the key to my car in the hotel, that night." He sighed.

My mouth ran dry, I slowly cleared my throat—letting his words sink in. "I don't understand." I pondered, "Think about it, Y/n." He breathed. I suddenly looked into his eyes, the way my name flowed from his mouth brought uneasy chills. I sat there in  silence, thinking about what he had just told me.

The only idea that came to my head was that he left the key, knowing I would try to run away. But I thought that was ridiculous because he was Jason's best friend & he would not have encouraged that. "You wanted me to run away?" I asked looking at him, he ran his fingers through his black hair that was actually starting to grow into a small quiff. "You could say that." He said, I shifted from my spot of the sofa facing him directly.

"Why would you do that?" I asked, I was a little bit annoyed at the moment. "The important question is why would you run?" He asked, I felt his gaze piercing into the side of my head. I was upset that him leaving the key was a test. A test that I so gladly failed. "I saw the opportunity." I shrugged, I heard him scoff which caused me to look back up at him. "Don't act like your still just a victim, it's more than that now. He's not just your kidnapper to you anymore, you feel something." He countered. I sat there silently on the couch. He was right, it was more than him kidnapping me. I was possessing feelings for my kidnapper.

"Fine. Why'd you want me to try to run away?" I asked, I was curious. I wanted to know why he would test to see how deep my love for Jason was.