Chapter 13

{SCOTT'S POV}

I got a ride to school with Stiles and together we headed to Chemistry.  I was currently standing at Allison's desk in deep conversation with her and Stiles.

"You got a scholarship?" I asked surprised.  Alison's eyes glistened with pride as she nodded with pride.

"What did you get the scholarship for anyway?" Stiles asked curiously.

"Well I actually got it for being great in Math and Science classes" She explained excitedly.  I was about to tell her good job when I felt hands wrap around my waist, I still tensed even though I knew it was Jackson.  If I'm being honest, I'm afraid of what people will say about us.  I slightly pulled out of his arms and turned to see him frowning.

"Hey" I greeted with a small smile.

"Hey" he greeted back and attempted to kiss me but I moved my head just enough so that he missed my lips and kissed me on the cheek.  He gave me a sad look, but at that point the teacher came in and I scrambled back to my seat.

"What's wrong?" Jackson whispered to me once we were sitting, his voice was full of concern.  I didn't turn to face him but I still answered.

"Everything's fine, why wouldn't it be fine" I said in an almost nervous voice, and I cursed myself internally because Jackson was sure to catch that.

"Your acting very strange Scott, just tell me what's wrong" he pleaded and I brought my hand up to scratch the side of my head, one of my nervous habits.  There's no way I was going to tell Jackson that I was afraid of what people would think of us, he might take it the wrong way.

"I said I'm fine Jackson, I'm just a tad bit tired is all" I said making an excuse and Jackson gave me a doubtful look before sighing and returning to his work.  I sighed also because I knew I was going to have to tell him sooner or later.

{JACKSON'S POV}

Scott was acting super weird today.  He wouldn't hold my hand, he would turn his head when I went to kiss him, he was just acting really weird.  Something's up and I'm going to find out what.  I got to my last class of the day where I sat next to Danny and decided to confide in him.

"Hey man" Danny greeted as I sat beside him.

"Hey" I sighed.  Danny quickly caught on to my sullen mood.

"What's wrong man?" He asked concerned.  I looked over to him with a frown.

"It's Scott" I sighed "he's been acting really weird today."  Danny gave me a questioning look before replying.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you two are together now" he smiled "and acting weird how?"  I sighed as I recalled everything to Danny.  The refusing contact, not kissing.

"I think I know what's wrong" Danny stated "I had the same problem with my current boyfriend, Nick."  I gave him a quizzing.

"So what's going on with Scott then?" I asked desperate for answers.  Danny bit his lip, probably contemplating how to explain it.

"I guess you could say he is nervous in a way" Danny shrugged.  Nervous?  What does he mean by nervous?

"Nervous how?" I asked confused.  Danny chuckled a bit at my confusion.

"Well obviously you feel completely comfortable with your relationship with Scott, you don't care what people think.  You never really have even before you realized you were gay though" Danny explained "you have never been a very self conscious person, and probably never will be.  Now Scott on the other hand, I think you know where I'm going with this." 

I did know where he was going with this.  Scott was nervous to be seen in public with me?  I had to admit it hurt a little but at the same time I have to respect his feelings.

"What do I do about it?" I asked curious for Danny's advise to the situation.

"Well I'd just say you should give him some time to get used to the idea of you guys together.  Once he gets used to the idea himself, maybe he would be more comfortable in public" Danny advised "Just give him some time and I'm sure he'll come around to the whole public thing."  I thought about it, it did make a lot of sense.

"I guess I see what your saying" I sighed "you really know your stuff don't you?"  I had a big smile on my face and so did Danny.

"Hey, what can I say?  I am the love master" He joked and we both laughed.  Finally with minimal chit chat we got back to work.

***

Scott and I were sat on the couch at his house watching TV.  It was comfortable, my arm around him, his head on my shoulder.  I can tell just by this that Danny is right.  He is back to acting normal, but notice how we aren't in public anymore.

"Scott?" I murmured keeping my eyes glued to the TV.

"Mm?" he replied in a mumble.

"What are you afraid of?" I asked softly.

"I don't know, getting old, heights, clowns" he shrugged.

"I know that but- wait, clowns?" I chuckled and he turned to me with a huge grin.

"Yeah clowns, have you seen how much make up they put on.  Especially those creep red curly wigs" Scott smirked before shuddering.  I laughed a bit before getting back on track.

"Clowns are a bit scary, but that is beside the point" I sighed "look Scott I know your afraid to be seen with me in public."  I felt him tense next to me and I knew I hit the pin on the nose.

"I'm not afraid to be seen with you in public" He said softly but I could hear the nervousness in his voice.

"Maybe I worded that wrong, I know you are afraid to be seen with me romantically in public" I corrected myself.  He slowly pulled out of my grip and turned his head away from me.  He pulled his knees to his chest before responding.

"Look I'm sorry it's just-" but I cut him off before he could finish by wrapping my arms around him from behind.

"You have nothing to be sorry about Scott" I stated sincerely.  He shivered in my grip.

"I thought you'd be upset" he whispered in such a soft voice that I almost didn't catch it.

"How could I be upset with you of all people Scott" I whispered squeezing him tight.  Slowly turned around in my arms and placed a passionate kiss on my lips, before gently resting his forehead on mine.

"Thank you" he whispered softly and in response I gave him a short kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is chapter 13 guys, hope you enjoyed. The song on the side is As Long As You Love Me by The Backstreet Boys.  I thought it was quite fitting for this chapter!  :)