Chapter 14

{SCOTT'S POV}

It was quite comforting knowing that Jackson was willing to wait to go public with our relationship.  It gave me some time to get used to the idea of him and I together.  I still didn't feel ready for the response we would get.

I walked down the hall and the comfort slowly dwindled.  I felt like everyone was staring at me and whispering about me.  Every I would look someone's way, they would flash their eyes down with a guilty look.

I tried to shake it off, block it out, but it kept eating away at me.  What are they whispering about?  Do I have a stain on my clothes?  I looked down and my clothes looked fine.  Is there something in my teeth?  I felt my teeth with my tongue but didn't find a single thing.  I pulled my jacket tighter around my figure self consciously and hurried down the hall.

Once I reached my locker my stomach dropped as I realized what everyone was whispering about.  On my locker was a picture taken of me and Jackson kissing, underneath it was written Fag in bold black.  I felt like I was about to die.  I heard a couple kids laughing form behind and turned to face them.

"Look, McCall's a fucking fag" they teased and started bursting with laughter that spread down the hall.

"He's a fucking fairy" Someone in the hall chanted but I couldn't pinpoint them.  I felt my whole composure crumble and I started to rush down the hall way toward the front doors and ended up stumbling into Jackson.

"Scott, what's wrong?" Jackson asked concerned.  I looked up to meet his eyes for a second, gave him a hurt look, and pushed past him.  I hurried out the front doors and ran out into the woods.

{JACKSON'S POV}

I walked into school, all high on my horse.  I was so happy that I had worked everything out with Scott.  I would have liked to go public, but if he's not ready then I'm not going to force him.  I heard big laughing and shouting down the hall and my curiosity got the best of me.  I walked toward the noise and was about half way there when Scott ran strait into me.  I saw the sad look in his eyes and was immediately alarmed.

"Scott, what's wrong?" I asked in concerned tone.  He just gave me a hurt look before pushing past me, and I was left there dumb founded.  I hurried over to the big scene and saw what the big fuss was about.  There was a big picture of Scott and I kissing on his locker with Fag written underneath.  I reached forward, ripping the picture down and crumpling it in my hands.

"How fucking childish can you get?" I yelled at the group in the annoyed tone.

"Oh look, it's the other fairy come to the rescue" one of the guys taunted.

"Cut the crap Fuller" I snapped, calling him by last name.  He looked a bit taken aback.

"Wow, looks like the fairy has a backbone" he smirked to the rest of his crew.  Let's just say that Jake Fuller was the big dick hole of the school and yet somehow he was still popular.

"Might I have to remind you of the 8th grade Fuller?" I threatened and I watched his face go pale.  I think I just won this little fight.

"You wouldn't dare" He growled.

"Oh try me Hun" I smirked with a challenging glare.

"Whatever, you're not worth my time anyway Whittemore" He snarled.  He turned to go and I couldn't help myself but add this next thing.

"Oh, that's not what it felt like in eight grade" I chuckled "and Ladies let me tell you, Fuller's not as good of a kisser as you'd think."  Fuller stopped dead in his tracks and spun around, his face was an angry red.