Chapter 6

{SCOTT'S POV}

"We have to come up with a plan of action, but 24 hours doesn't give us much time" Lily blurted, frowning.  She was right, how were we supposed to create a plan and put it into action, all within 24 hours.

"What about the pack up North, it we keep heading the way that we were... and we hurry..." Jackson suggested.

"We might just be able to make it, plus that would bring our group up to a total of 12" I stated "but that's not factoring in issues.  What if they refuse, what if we can't convince them."

"Well, I guess that's a chance we're going to have to take" Lily sighed.  I felt my shoulders sink.  It was true, we didn't have many other options and I wanted to get Stiles out of there as soon as possible.  I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if he were to die from this.  I looked up around the fire.  We all looked a bit sullen and warn out.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" I whipped around in my seat to spot four of the alphas.  Shit, how are we supposed to stand up and fight four alphas?!

"You know, I thought you big bad alphas would know better" I offered trying to stall for time to think "there's a lot more werewolves at wherever you're staying as opposed to here.  Yet you still only left four there."

"Well kid, we just figured you guys were the bigger threat seeing as how we have the others on wolfs bane" he smirked "oh my, aren't you that little wolf that escaped our earlier attack?"  He directed the last part to Lily.

 "I might be, but what's it to you?" she jabbed.  I watched as she folded her arms over her chest making her seem tough.  The alpha that had been speaking just shook his head at her and turned to Jackson.

"You seem to be a strong young Werewolf" the alpha offered "so what the hell are you doing with these people?"

"They're my pack" is all Jackson ground out.

"You know, I sense a lot of potential in you" the alpha shrugged "I might actually be willing to take you into this pack."

"and what gives you the authority to do that" Jackson jibed "last time I checked, I'm not an alpha."

"We actually have our own way of changing into alphas, I wasn't an alpha when I joined" the alpha offered.  I looked over at Jackson's eyes and saw uncertainty, is he actually considering this crap?  Suddenly he started to walk towards the alpha.

"I'll accept" he stated.

"Jackson, what the hell are you doing?" Lily asked frantically.

"Sorry Lil, but I have to take this" he shrugged.

"Jackson I swear to go I will never forgive you if you go with them!" I cried in a last attempt to change his mind.  I watched Jackson's steps falter and he stopped.  He turned to me with a deep sadness in his eyes.

"Well, I guess that's a risk I'll have to take" He said frowning.  At that moment my heart sunk with a stinging pain.

"Jackson" I whimpered desperately.

"Sorry Scott" he sighed.

"Damn, I thought you were different!" I yelled "I thought you had changed for the better, but I guess that's impossible for you now isn't  it?!  I hate you Jackson, I hate you!!!"  Jackson never stopped though, him and the alphas kept walking and I was left to fall to the ground in a chilling pain.

{JACKSON'S POV}

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" I heard a hollow voice from behind.  Scott, Lily, and I all turned around to find four alphas.  I could see the fury in the eyes of the one I was assuming leader.

"You know, I thought you big bad alphas would know better" Scott offered obviously trying to stall for time to think "there's a lot more werewolves at wherever you're staying as opposed to here.  Yet you still only left four there."

"Well kid, we just figured you guys were the bigger threat seeing as how we have the others on wolfs bane" the lead wolf smirked "oh my, aren't you that little wolf that escaped our earlier attack?"  He directed the last part to Lily.

"I might be, but what's it to you?" she jabbed.  I watched her fold her arms and was silently willing her to back down.  You don't want to provoke these alphas, when you do there's no going back.  The alpha just ended up shaking his head and turning toward me.

"You seem to be a strong young Werewolf" the alpha offered "so what the hell are you doing with these people?"

"They're my pack" I ground through my teeth in anger at his question.

"You know, I sense a lot of potential in you" the alpha shrugged "I might actually be willing to take you into this pack."  I knew what he was really saying though, he was saying if I went with him he'd leave Scott and Lily alone.  As much as I wanted that, I didn't want to just up and leave Scott.

"and what gives you the authority to do that" I jibed "last time I checked, I'm not an alpha."  I could tell the alpha got what I was trying to say.  I was trying to say I'm not just going to ditch them.

"We actually have our own way of changing into alphas, I wasn't an alpha when I joined" the alpha offered, meaning you have to leave with us or your pack is as good as dead.  At that point I knew what I had to do.

"I'll accept" I stated in defeat.  I wouldn't be able to stand it if they killed Scott and I had the chance to stop them.

"Jackson, what the hell are you doing?" Lily asked frantically, and I started to feel bad.  They trusted me, and now it just looks like I'm betraying them.

"Sorry Lil, but I have to take this" I shrugged.  I can do this all I have to do is just walk o-

"Jackson I swear to go I will never forgive you if you go with them!" Scott cried and I felt my feet stop and my heart sink lower than ever.  I wanted to be honest.  Tell him, I'm doing this because I think I'm in love with you, but I can't do that.  That would only make the situation worse, especially since I know Scott doesn't feel the same way.  That thought right there is what solidified my choice.

"Well, I guess that's a risk I'll have to take" I said frowning.  I saw his face completely sink and it almost killed me.  I just wanted to run up and pull him into my arms right there, but I can't.

"Jackson" he whimpered with a desperateness in his tone, and I literally felt my heart break in two.

"Sorry Scott" I said in honesty and just thought about the words I wish I could say.  I love you.

"Damn, I thought you were different!" he yelled "I thought you had changed for the better, but I guess that's impossible for you now isn't  it?!  I hate you Jackson, I hate you!!!"  Every single one of his words cut me deeper than a knife but I just forced myself to keep walking, walking away with the enemy.

"Leave this pack alone please" I asked in a whisper when we were far enough away.

"and what makes you think we'll do that?" the lead wolf asked incredulously.

"because it would ensure my lifetime of services" I stated honestly.  If they left Scott and everyone else alone I'd do what they told me.  It's not like Scott cared about me, so I had nothing left here in beacon hills.

"Ok, we'll leave this pack alone in exchange for your eternal servitude" the leader nodded and with that we continued back on our path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here's the last chapter of Part 1.  The next chapter is going to be Part 2.  I'll go ahead and hint at the fact that Part 2 is going to have a lot more drama.  Also, Part 2 of the book is going to be set a year later.  :)