Chapter 8

SCOTT'S POV}

Lily was currently bowling her ten pound ball  down the bowling lane.  It was hard to hang around Lily at first, but I'd kind of grown fond of her.  The only reason it was hard to hang around her was because she resembles him so much.  I can't  even think his name, otherwise the emotions might come flowing back.  I didn't build that thick wall up for nothing did I.  I was watching Lily retrieve her ball out of the dispenser thing when the smell hit me.  All emotions rushed back and I flipped my head towards the front entrance.  There he was, looking better than ever and I just wanted to curl up and die.  His eyes made contact with mine bringing me to reality and I went rushing to Lily.

"What's wrong Scott?" she asked concerned.

"He's here" I whisper.  I watch her eyes dart behind my shoulder before nodding and we both retreated out the back exit.  Lily was the only one I ever really talked to about him, and that was only things like this.  Stiles kind of understands, but he hates Jackson.  I climbed into Lily's car and she began to drive down the road.

"Are you ok?" she asked.

"I'm fine" I said with a gulp.  I felt the cracks beginning to form on the wall I put up around my heart.  I was desperately trying to force it all back down, trying to patch the cracks but it was hard.

"I won't judge you if you cry Scott" Lily said softly.

"I'm not going to cry, at least not over him" I ground out between clenched teeth.  She nodded and went back to her driving.  A few minutes later she pulled up in front of my house and I jumped out.

"Thanks" I said with a small smile on my face.

"Anytime" she shrugged.  I waved and she waved back as she drove off and I ran up to my bedroom.  I sat down on my bed roughly and laid down.  I'd heard all the whispers from my friends saying that he was my mate.  I highly doubt that.  I might of believed that before he left, but now I know there's no chance of that.  Never again was I going to let my emotions get the best of me.

{LILY'S POV}

I got out of the car and reached into the back to grab my book bag.  Once I had it in my hands I put it around my should, turned around, and almost had a heart attack.

"God damn it Jackson" I snapped placing a hand on my heart to calm its erratic beating.

"Lily, you have to help me" he begged.

"And why would I ever help you Jackson" I said as coldly as possible.  If Jackson needs help, he's not getting it from me.

"Because Lily, or should I say Emma" He explained "I did a little research and I found out that it's you.  I thought you died in the fucking car crash along with our parents."  I flinched at the use of my real name.  My adopted parents had changed my name legally when they adopted me.  I was also surprised that Jackson remembered that.  I was only 1 during the crash and he was 2.

"Yes I'm your sister, does it really change my willingness to help you" I chastised "no."

"I need to get Scott's forgiveness" he pleaded "Please Emma, your my sister."

"No Jackson, I was your sister" I stated "I was until you decided to abandon all of us when we needed you.  As for getting Scott's forgiveness, you might as well forget it.  Also forgiveness is a lot different than love."  With that I turned to the apartment that I was currently staying at.

"Emma, I love you.  You are my sister and I'm sorry I fucked up ok.  Everyone makes mistakes, can't we just get past this" he begged.

"How can I get passed this?" I asked incredulously as I turned to face him "Jackson, you basically left us all to die.  No brother of mine would do that."

"I did it to save you and Scott, I'm the one that convinced them to leave!" he yelled desperately "I knew we needed someone on the inside to get them to leave.  I knew the consequences when I did it, but it was better that watching everything go to hell and watching everyone die!"  I froze at the door to the apartment building.  It did seem to make sense, I saw it in their eyes that they were going to kill us.  We would have gone down fighting and I wouldn't be standing here today.  Neither would Scott or Jackson or any of the others for that matter.

"Ok, I believe you" I sighed "but how am I supposed to help you win back Scott, he basically put up an unbreakable wall around his heart."  Jackson frowned when I said this.

"I don't know, but I'll think of something" Jackson said solemnly.  Jackson looked so upset that I ran up to him and wrapped him in my arms.

"Why did you two have to have such oblivious hearts last year" I whispered and he chuckled slightly.