Chapter 16

{SCOTT'S POV}

"Please just tell me where we're going" I begged but couldn't keep a smile off my face.

"If I told you then it wouldn't be a surprise now would it" Jackson reasoned and I knew he was wearing a smirk on his lips.

"At least let me take off this blind fold,  it's itchy" I whined and Jackson leaned up to my ear, keeping his hands on my waist to guide me.

"It's all part of the surprise" he whispered and I sunk my shoulders.  Jackson led me through the forest until finally he pulled me to a stop and took off my blindfold.

"Surprise!" he cheered and I gasped at the sight.  Jackson had layed out a dark blue quilt and there was a picnic basket on top.  Not to mention it was the time of day when the sun was just setting and it made the trees look golden brown.

"This is sincerely amazing" I smiled as I turned around and gave him a quick kiss.

"Well amazing is my middle name" he said cockily and I rolled my eyes as we both sat onto the blanket.  Jackson quickly pulled out some turkey sandwiches, grapes, and Kool-Aid.  I started chuckling at him.

"Your so fancy with all of this" I joked and he just stuck his tongue out at me.

"Well if I had gone fancy with pasta and all that crap I wouldn't be able to do this" he smirked before throwing a grape at me.

"Oh, you're on" I grinned and chucked a grape back at him.  Soon enough it turned into a full on grape war and I'd say I won even thought Jackson would tell you differently.  I laid down on the blanket, grapes all over, and just stared at the sky.  Jackson was laying next to me and it just felt.... right.

"You never told me how you became an alpha" I pointed out, breaking the silence.  I felt Jackson tense beside me at my statement.

"You don't want to hear it" he sighed "it's not something I'm particularly proud of."  I reached over and laced my hand with his.

"Well maybe it would help you to get it off your chest" I offered and Jackson closed his eyes, almost as if he was in pain.

"The alpha's found this pack, most of them teenagers.  They just slaughtered them" Jackson shuddered "When they finally pinned the alpha to the ground, they had me- they had me-"  I just sat up and pulled him close to my side.

"It's okay, you don't have to finish" I suggested when I noticed how much he hated reliving the story.

"They made me rip his heart out of his chest" Jackson mumbled before he buried his face in his hands taking deep breaths.  I just pulled him into a full on hug, rubbing circles on his back and he buried his head into my neck.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled.  I knew that I had done the same thing, but it's one thing to do it when someone is threatening your life.  It's another thing when they hadn't done anything to hurt you, like the one Jackson had to kill.  Finally Jackson pulled away and stood up.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick, I'll be right back" He sighed as he walked off.  I laid back down on the blanket and it wasn't even a second later that Jackson's phone started vibrating on the blanket.  I looked over at it contemplating whether I should check it, I'm pretty sure it was a text.  I eventually made up my mind and grabbed it up off the blanket.

The caller ID read unknown and I squinted my eyes before opening it.

Unknown: We need to talk about that kiss -Fuller

I felt my heart sink as I read the text over and over again.  This can't be true, but here it was right in front of me.  I closed my eyes and bit my lip trying to stay calm.

"Why do you have my phone?" Jackson asked in an amused tone.

"You kissed Fuller?" I said as more of a statement instead of a question.  Jackson face twisted in pain before he answered.

"Look Scott, it's not what it sounds like" Jackson pleaded.

"So you've never been in a lip lock with Fuller and he's just lying in a text to you?" I accused angrily.

"Scott" he pleaded.

"Save it Jackson" I sighed as I stood up and started to walk away.  My heart was full of hurt and there was no way I was going to let Jackson see that.

"Scott please just listen to me" Jackson begged as he ran after me, but I just shifted and ran as fast as possible.  I didn't have any location in mind, I just knew that I had to get away.

{JACKSON'S POV}

"God Damn it" I screamed as I lost track of Scott.  I honestly felt like crying, this was not how this date was supposed to end.  I wanted to be mad at Fuller, but it wasn't really his fault, and I also needed to get that day sorted out with him.

Great, so now I have two problems on my plate.  First I have to straiten things out with Fuller because obviously our recent scuffle has gotten him flustered.  Secondly I have to get Scott to actually listen to me so I can explain to him the full story.  I leaned back against a tree and closed my eyes in frustration.  How the hell do I get myself into these situations.n

I ran back to the picnic area and scooped my phone into my hands.  I pulled up Fullers number and opened a blank message.

Me: Where do you want to meet?

I waited a few minutes before I got an answer from him.

Fuller: My house, at 3

I sunk down onto the blanket and took in Scott's scent that was still on my Jacket.  I missed him already.  I pinched the bridge of my nose, I need to get him back and soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here is Chapter 16!  I decided to add a little drama haha.  So I hope you enjoyed and I plan to update again very soon!  :)