Chapter 3

The bell rang signaling the end of chemistry and I was dreading my soon to come chat with Derek. I was just about out the door when Mr. Carter called me over to his desk.

"Scott I'd like to talk to you about your test grade you just recieved" he explained. My heart sunk a little. I thought I did pretty well but low and behold, I probably failed.

"I failed didn't I" I huff slumping my shoulders.

"Actually instead of your usual E you got a C+ instead" he informed me smiling. I felt my eyes widen.

"I did?" I ask incredulously.

"Yes, it seems that whatever Jackson is doing is helping" the teacher smiled.

"I guess so" I chuckled.

"Well, anyway I have a science meeting to attend to so I'll see you Monday" he said walking me out the classroom door. I waved goodbye and headed for the parking lot. I was just un latching my bike from the bike rack when I heard a soft car engine growl behind me. I spun around to see Jackson's head popping out of his sports car window.

"Need a ride McCall" he asked "you can just stuff your bike in the back."

"Thanks" I said and picked up my bike. My heart was probably beating two times as fast as normal. Jackson was actually offering me a ride outside of tutor. Yes it was to receive our punishment from Derek, but still.

After stuffing my bike into the trunk I made my way around to the passengers side and climbed in. I quickly buckled my seatbelt as Jackson pulled out of the parking lot.

"So, guess what your chem tutoring got me" I poke.

"What?" He asks curiously.

"I got a C+ on the test today" I beamed. I thought I saw a small smile on his lips but it was gone before I could be sure.

"Nice" he said nonchalantly. There was a little bit of an awkward silence after that. We were almost to Derek's house when something big jumped infront of our car. Werewolf was the first thing that came to mind.

"That's not Derek!" Jackson said alarmed as he slammed on the brakes. As soon as the car slowed I jumped from the car shifting and so did Jackson. My suspicions were confirmed when I saw the half wolf half man figure in fighting stance facing Jackson and I. Definitely not Derek.

Suddenly the other werewolf pounce at us and we attacked. Claws and teeth everywhere. Finally I get thrown at smash the front of Jackson's car. That's when Jackson looks towards me and the wolf slashes him across the stomach and chest and sends him flying. With that rage builds inside of me and I leap in the air towards the werewolf. I get one blow in before I'm swatted back towards Jackson's car. There's no way I can beat him alone, he's too powerful. I was about to jump at him again when something surprising happens.

Derek jumps ontop of the werewolf and the tumble to the ground in a flurry of teeth and claws. I quickly jump in to help Derek and in minutes we have the werewolf tied up and knocked out.

"I'll take him back to the house, you check on Jackson" Derek commands running off with the limp body. I dash over to Jackson's unconscious body and find him covered in blood. I quickly rip of his shirt to see three giant claw marks on his chest gushing blood. My heart clenches and I run back to Jackson's wrecked car and grab a bottle of water and wash the blood off of Jackson with it. Once I'm done I try to remember what to do next. I need something clean to wrap the wound in. I look around, I can't exactly use his bloodied shirt.

Finally I decide on using my shirt. I pull it off over my head and press it to Jackson's wound. Then I take my belt to secure it. After that I scoop Jackson into my arms and run all the way to Derek's house.

"Derek, I'm gonna need some help" I yell frantically and lay Jackson on the couch. Derek comes in with a first aid kit and kneels next to Jackson. He removes my shirt from Jackson's torso and tosses it to the ground. I watch as Derek properly cleans the wound and bandages it up.

"Why hasn't it healed yet?" I ask worriedly.

"The claws went in deep, it's gonna take more than a few minutes to heal" he explains.

"Why did that werewolf attack us?" I ask, with an edge in my voice.

"It was an alpha trying to claim her territory" Derek sighs "probably part of an alpha pack."

"Are you saying there's more coming?!?" I freak.

"Just relax Scott" Derek moans.

"I'm not gonna relax, Jackson almost got killed because of this!" I yell "and now your saying there's more coming!"

"Since when have you been concerned for Jackson's well being?" Derek groans. That shuts me up and I can feel my face heating up. I quickly turn away from Derek.

"I'm not" I lie.

"Scott, are you, are you blushing?" Derek asks with suspicion.

"No I'm not Derek!" I snap "just leave it okay!" I begin to storm out of the house but Derek grabs my shoulder.

"Scott I'm not trying to make you feel uncomfortable" Derek sighs.

"Well you are" I spit out.

"Look Scott, are you... Are you gay?" He asks. I feel all the blood drain from my face and I tense up.

"I...I..." I stutter. I feel myself shaking as all the jokes of my sexually play out in my head. Everyone will judge me.

"Scott, I won't tell anyone" Derek assures me. I still don't answer him.

"Jackson can't hear, he's gonna be knocked out for hours" be adds.

"Y-y... Maybe" I whisper still shaking.

"I'm not gonna judge you scott" derek assures me "all homophobics are assholes."

"What does it matter to you wether I'm gay or not?" I snap getting my wits back.

"Because I want to help you" he sighs "Scott how can you be happy if you can't except who you really are."

"People will judge me" I sigh covering my face with my hands and sinking into the porch bench. Derek seats himself beside me.

"Screw them" Derek tells me. I was about to say something else when Stiles came rushing up.

"Guys what happened?!? I saw Jackson's car smashed a few miles out!" Stiles freaked.

"Calm down Stiles" Derek chuckled "there was just a small confrontation with another alpha."

"Small?" I scoffed.

"You could've been killed" Stiles freaked to both of us. I chuckled a bit before I remembered to Jackson unconscious on Derek's couch.

"You're right Stiles, we should've been more careful" I sighed "by the way Derek, where's the Alpha?"

"He's locked and shackled in the basement" Derek answered.

"Want me to go put some wolfsbane down there?" Stiles asked.

"No!" Derek answered immediately and almost protectively "we can't have the alpha try to kill you too." I cocked an eyebrow at him in suspicion and he just turned his head. Does Derek like Stiles.

"Ok,ok fine sourwolf" Stiles surrendered with his hands up.

"Lets get inside" I suggested.

"Great, I'm starving" Stiles beamed heading strait for the kitchen. Derek was about to follow after him when I stopped him with a hand.

"Ya know, I think there's a chance that Stiles is Bi" I smirked with a knowing look. Derek's eyes widened and I chuckled heading into the house.