t w e n t y f o u r

Xandra Holmes

"Have you seen my red lipstick?" I ask Lewis, who's too bothered by his phone to even bother looking at me. It was around 9:30 and we were getting ready to celebrate the New Year... In the club.

I first thought it was a bad idea since I used to go this club each weekend with my two friends. I truly feel like going to the club will bring up too many memories, but Lewis assured I would be too wasted to even think of my dead ex-friend. He's probably right. I need to get over it someday, somehow.

"Lewis!"

"Damn calm down X. I ain't seen your lipgloss." He groans and shakes his head at me, eyes still mesmerized by whatever his phone screen was showing. All I know is, he better not be creeping on some broad's Instagram.

"You know damn well I don't wear lipgloss. Maybe you'd remember if you weren't too busy lurking on these plastic bitches accounts." I blurt.

"It appeared on my feed. What you want me to do, ignore it? Maybe if you'd let me touch you more I wouldn't have to-"

"Save it." I cut him off and grab his wrist to prevent his hand from touching my breasts. "Have you seen my bright red lipstick or nah?" I reiterate. He sighs.

"I told you I didn't see it. Matter fact, stop looking for it because you don't need that." He coos, sliding his phone in his pocket as he walks towards me. I eye him down then smile at him, he really did an effort on his attire. Red leather jacket, plain white tee, black jeans and a pair of vans that match his jacket. His beard was shaved, but not completely. Just how I liked it, he had a clean cut too. His hair was wavy and black with shades of brownish dark blonde at the top of his head. I couldn't help but run my fingers through it, it felt so soft.

"But I wanted to look good tonight. I look better with red lipstick on." I pout, twirling my index finger around his curls.

"You already look good baby. And my saliva is the only thing that looks good on your lips." He says with a grin before pulling me tight, then attacks my face with wet kisses.

"Ew. Lew, get off me."

"Alright, but hurry up beautiful, clock finna hit ten soon. We gotta leave."

Lewis Brown.

"Ladies first." I trail off as I open the car door, then extend my arm for Xandra to hold. She puts one foot down and my eyes travel from her heel to the dropped side of her dress. Like a princess waiting for her prince to get down her carriage. Nah, like a Queen waiting for her King. She looks so heavenly good.

"Thank you, Mr. Brown." She exclaims. I kiss her hand romantically and she blushes.

"You ready? Got your purse and ID?" I ask giving the passenger seat a quick glance.

"Lewis, they know me. I use to come here on a weekly. I don't need an ID, but I think you do." She points out while eyeing me down like I'm a nobody or something.

"Then let your man in since you a VIP and shit." I taunt and X fake-slaps my cheek. She laughs because I actually tried to avoid her slap.

"Man up a little, and I might." She winks at me. My eyelids flutter and I hide my bottom lip between my teeth to bite it. This woman man...

With that, we hold hands and head towards the entrance of the club. Shit was packed. So many people were waiting outside, but thanks to X's notoriety the bouncer allowed us to enter in with no difficulties. Minus the fact that his black ass had the nerves of licking his lips after they hugged. It was a friendly hug, but still. I felt highly disrespected.