t w e n t y

Xandra Holmes.

Today makes my fourth day spent in custody and also my fourth day of being interrogated. I just feel confused, and misunderstood. Being arrested, especially when you're innocent, is one sad experience. They didn't even let me talk to Lewis on the phone, the only person alive I can relate to right now.

My attorney told me that she's convinced about me being innocent but since my credit card has been used to pay for the bottle, I'm most likely the only guilty one in sight. On top of that I don't even have a relevant alibi. All I can do is ask God for help and pray so that the truth can be revealed.

"Holmes?" A police officer asks snapping me out of my thoughts. I nod and look up to the blonde haired female officer that's standing by the door.

"Get up and follow us. Your attorney wants to see you." She states. Why would my lawyer want to talk to me at 10pm? It caught me off guard for some reason, but I shortly shrug it off and allow the woman to handcuff me so we can leave the cell.

I was brought into numerous hallways enllighted by white harsh prison lights. Then we arrive to an other part of the jail painted with softer colors and mild light. I assume it's where my lawyer's office is. The officer leads me inside and once I'm allowed to, I simply sit down on the empty chair in front of me. Mr. Newmann browses through some papers then puts his focus on me.

"So Xandra, how are you feeling? I hope you're not too saddened and traumatized by the previous events that's been going on these past days." He asks with sorry eyes.

"Saddened? Yeah pretty much. Traumatized? Nah not really, I've been through so much worse. I just want to see Lewis and get the hell out of here. That's all I want right now." I confess

"Well I'm glad to hear that Xandra, it's actually getting better than expected" He exclaims raising me a small smile. I rub my temples and close my eyes hoping that he's about to tell me what I really need to hear.

"Wait what? What do you mean?" I ask

"This is what I mean." He says handing me lightweight file full of papers and pictures.

"Autopsy report, Destiny Cane..." I read aloud and my body instantly frozes. I realize from the jump that there are pictures of Destiny's dead body in this file, that might be helpful to take a look but I just can't do that.

"T-Take it back. Please." I plead

"Those papers are important for you to read, are you scared to look at the pic-"

"It's horrible." I interrupt. "She was my friend and even though she killed my mom I can't be the one to enjoy seeing her dead body. I'm sorry but, nope."

"I perfectly understand and it's fine if you don't feel like it, let me do the summary for you then..." He trails off as I hand him the file back. He takes a deep breath and I look down at my orange suit in apprehension.

"Victim Destiny Cane found at her house at exactly 3:41am saturday morning in a bathtub. The autopsy reveals that the victim suffered from severe stomach infections most likely to be caused by multiple alcohol ingestions. It also revealed that the victim ingested an amount of 5.6g/L of alcohol, which is the amount of alcohol found in her blood vessels supposedly two hours following the death. This 23 year old lady died instantly from stomach infection due to the ingestion of a dangerous amount of alcohol. The manner of death is to be determined after further judicial investigation."

"Hmm, I've been told that she died because she drank too much. What's new about it?" I question in confusion, growing angry and I let it be known raising my voice.

"Listen up, this report is basically saying that you have nothing to do with Destiny Cane's death. You explained me earlier that you, the other girl and Destiny had gotten drunk from the same bottle that you bought right?" He questions