s i x

Six |

Xandra Holmes.

I adored my off black Cashmere sweated and my nude pencil skirt today. I admired it so much I had taken tons of selfies. Normally I'm not a woman to flaunt, but today I felt amazing.

Sitting down onto my chair, I scroll into my desk and scan over my emails in the cloud. A few were from my recent customers saying they loved my design and others were just spam.

My lunch break was in another five minutes and believe me when I say I'm starving. There's a soft knock on my door and I look up to see Joy holding a paper bag and a Rose attached to it.

"I'm guess you haven't swiped your v-card with his cash register yet." Joy perks out her chest and hands me the warm paper bag.

"Hey! Watch your mouth Joy." I giggle looking inside the bag.

"So what is it today?" She grins.

"What, you act like he's been showering me with gifts." I say pulling out a box of Chinese food and an egg roll. My favorite!

"Monday, Tulips. Tuesday, Edible arrangements and now Chinese food. Girl you got another thing coming. I got one question." She smirks at me.

"Yeah Joy?" I hum picking out my fork and standing up to head outside to the courtyard.

"What shoe size does he wear?" Her devious smile returns and her eyes sparkle.

"I don't know but, it's pretty big." I blush leaving her standing in my office.

I was content with my shrimp fried ride and soy sauce, then he calls me mid bite.

"Thanks Lew." I immediately say before he can speak.

"My pleasure baby. How about me, you, court side for the Lakers game tonight?" His tone is skeptical as he rumbles down my line.

"Look I'd love to but-"

"Your busy. I get it." He sighs, making me feel absolutely horrible.

"It's understandable. Your a bad ass woman with a dope job who needs to maintain her job. Don't feel bad..." He carries on.

"I wanna make it up Lew. You have me feeling all guilty." I say, hearing footsteps bother me from afar.

"Then get your pretty ass up and kiss me." He smoothly says, turning around he holds his own bag of Chinese food. Placing down onto the table, I was excited to see him.

"Lewis!" I exclaim hugging him tightly as he then kisses my lips assuring and sits down across from me.

"Hey baby, I figured I'd surprise you." He grins opening up his box and removing his chop sticks from the bag also.

"Glad you did surprise me. It made today even better." I grin to him as I blush, but I can see Joy miles away in her office window holding up paper with thick black sharpies that say Get the D!

I almost choke for a moment and Chris rubs my thigh underneath the table and wears a concerned face.

"Sorry, this um, soy sauce pretty salty." I say batting my eyelashes. Joy moved away from the window when Ms. Azani appears next to her and makes her continue her front desk duties.