t w e l v e

Xandra Holmes.

No matter how many times I apologized to my boss, she was terribly disappointed in me with our display for fashion week.

Only five of my designs were displayed and Lewis was the final design, and he walked out on me. Like I was some type of stranger, and it hurt me.

Sitting in my separate hotel room I bought for the remainder of the trip, I was bored. This was the quality time Lewis and I were supposed to be bonding with, but I'm too upset to even speak to him. He's yet to even apologize to me about his little lash out.

After all I've been opening up to him, he switches the plug and decides when he wants to open up to me. I felt like he wasn't being honest with me, and I didn't respect that.

However, he did ask me to meet him in the courtyard outback of the hotel at 7 for dinner. It was honestly a debate because I wasn't sure if I was ready to see him or even forgive him.

My love for him wasn't going away, but I just want our relationship to be genuine and true with a little bit of that monogamous feelings.

Settling for a choice to give him another chance, I played around with my straightened hair. Placing it to the side, I added on some nude colored makeup and put on my black crop top and distressed jeans. Along with my Fendi matted black heels. Stepping to the mirror, I was ready to face him after a long three days.

If he was going to be honest with me, I didn't find a reason to not forgive him.

Lewis Brown.

My attention is captured by the chair moving on the hardwood Gazebo flooring. Looking up it was the one and only sexy X.

"Hey, glad you showed." I comment quietly as she nods and places her hands into her chin.

"Look X, I'm sorry. Sorry for ruining your dreams and even not apologizing on the spot, everything I've done to ruin this experience I'm sorry." I confess as her eyes gleam at mine.

"I forgive you. I just wish things were more honest and went as planned." She shrugs tugging on her lips with her tongue.

"Believe me X, I was going to tell you eventually-"

"But what's eventually. I don't want a relationship with broken lies, please." She utters holding her hand above her eyelids and is quiet for a moment. Now I felt horrible.

"I put my guard down, something I never thought I'd ever do until I was married but you just..." Her words dismay and she's now drinking water from her glass and wiping her eyes.

"Please don't cry baby, I don't wanna see you cry. I'm sorry." I pleaded, it kinda shanked my heart watching baby girl break down, I love her but she wants nothing but honesty. And I can't provide her with what she needs to know about me completely.

"I'm trying not to, I just don't want to regret anything I've done with you, at the end of the day are you true to yourself?"

I wasn't true to myself. My love owerpowers for X so I'll say anything to keep her. "Baby, let me explain." My hand reaches her knee and she looks at me with her alluring eyes.

"Can we ditch this whole dinner thing?"

"Sure, I know of a place we can go." I decide.

••

"So you lost someone special to you in the army and went into a depression shortly after, baby you know you can tell me anything." X says as we swing our hands back and forth walking around the Eiffel tower.

"I'm sorry again X."

"I'm sorry for being a little dramatic at the table, I just wanted to make sure everything with us was true."