t h i r t e e n

Xandra Holmes.

My plane landed at 7:54 p.m. I was outside of the airport hoping to find a uber to take me to the hotel. Less than five minutes later I peeped a car parked a few meters away from me. I gave the man a hand sign as I came his way. He lowered his window and looked up to me, waiting for me to tell where I needed to go.

"Hi, I need to go to this hotel, Best Western Paradise Inn" I handed him the piece of paper where I wrote the address on, fortunately Lewis told it to me a few days before he left.

The driver nodded and invited me to sit. So I did as he said and attached my belt while he gently put my suitcase in his car trunk.

After careful consideration I was feeling some type of nervousness. I mean I actually followed him here, all the way to Montana to find out about what he really came to do. Lewis couldn't be betraying me after the argument we had. Could he? I can't even tell.

It feels like every time I let my guard down something happens between us and I get hurt. Hopefully I made the right decision coming here. If he actually did what Kaylah and Destiny are thinking he did, then I think it's time for us to make a clear break. Even though I admit it, I don't want it to happen.

I grew even more frustrated during the ride as I gazed at the window. The scenery was breath-taking. The sky was turning pink since the sun was setting, endless mountain chains were verging the horizon behind the huge dark forests. It looked so empty and peaceful, I know for a fact that it's a place where people tend to go when they want to get some fresh air, which is something you never do alone...

I wiped a tear from the corner of my eye and sighed deeply. Maybe it's wrong to be jumping to conclusions so quick. When I think about it, whenever I get suspicious there is never a concrete proof that Lewis was being unfaithful.

However, as long as he explains himself to me and doesn't get caught in the act, I'll always believe him. I strongly love Lew and I know the love I have for him is mutual.

I shook these thoughts away and put on my headphones. The ride to his hotel was really long so I thought that music might help me to stop stressing while I get there.

When I finally came to the hotel, the sky had darkened itself faster than I thought. Bringing my wrist to my view, my watch was showing nine o' clock. It was late and I was kind of hungry.

Getting off the elevator I headed to the fifth room, which was supposed to be Lewis' suite according to him. I felt a lump of stress grow in my throat, reminding me how scared and stressed I was.

"His birthday is tomorrow, everything's gonna be okay." I mumbled to myself stepping closer to the door under my feet were standing on the carpet against the hard wood door.

I took a deep and well needed breath before knocking on the door several times, making sure my knocks were heavy enough so Lewis could hear me. His suite seems huge.

I couldn't hear anything, no typical "Coming!" that Lewis has the habit of saying when he answers the door, no approaching footsteps, no nothing. What was happening in there?

With no further ado I twisted the gold glittering knob. Surprisingly the door opened itself with no difficulties. I guardedly advanced into the suite. The bedroom was empty, yet I could spot Lewis' luggage sitting behind the single bed.

No condoms on the nightstand. The bed sheets were messy but smelled just like his typical sent. There was nothing suspicious in the room like lingerie or female clothing.

I knew my baby wouldn't cheat on me! I don't think he would ever do that to me. I let a huge smile spread across my face, I was so relieved.

My buzzing phone snapped me out of my thoughts. I quickly grabbed from my Fendi bag to check it. Kaylah texted me.