n i n e

Lewis Brown.

A few days passed and I haven't seen X yet. When I left her place the other day she told me she would have a busy schedule, so I automatically assumed that I wouldn't see her until the weekend. It sucks because I literally have nothing to do this week, well I have some things to talk about with Duce but hadn't told me anything about the next murder yet. This gives me a little break from this risky life.

I laid down on my couch and contemplated the few, yet precious pictures of X saved in my phone. Starting from her selfies to her booty pic that I particularly liked.

A text notification popped on my screen interrupting my dirty thoughts. I clicked on it to check who messaged me. Could be Duce since he's supposed to see me in a few days.

"Meet me at the Dragon Palace Restaurant, tonight at 8." - Withheld.

Who the hell was this? Duce wouldn't mask his number. And I don't see why he would invite me to a four stars restaurant just to talk. It doesn't sound like him at all.

Xandra? She's been busy lately, when I called her earlier it went straight to her voicemail. Plus she's not the kind of girl to set up events over a simple text, too unprofessional to be her.

Well, there's my homie Shawn but everyone knows this nigga can't type a sentence without making mistakes. Most importantly he only calls me to go to the bar, to hit the gym, or simply to chill at his crib.

Bryson is also a possibility but ole' dude hasn't hit my phone in years, the last time he called me he needed me to offer him a ride home, I kindly accepted. Then suddenly my so called "friend" vanished into thin air.

I finally decided to show up at this random rendezvous despite these doubtful thoughts running through my mind.

It was already seven and I didn't have much time ahead of me. So I briefly exchanged my relaxed outfit for an all black micro patterned wool and silk suit from Emporio Armani. Taking a glimpse of my attire in the full length wall mirror, I was satisfied. I simply improved my outfit with a black Dior watch. Maybe I was doing too much, but this restaurant I'm invited at is highly rated, I can't show up there and look like a complete broke nigga between all the rich people who eat there. I might not have millions in my bank account, but I have my ways. So every single chance I get to show off my boastfulness, I'll take it.

••

I made it to the restaurant in a matter of minutes. Undoing my belt, I felt a buzzing sensation in my pocket. When I managed to free myself from the belt, I quickly pulled my phone out and checked the text I just received.

"Meet me at the reserved tables, table for two, #47" - Withheld.

I felt a lump grow in my throat as I tucked my phone back into my pocket. How did the person know that I just got here if she's waiting on me inside?That's creepy.

I shook these thoughts away and headed straight into the restaurant. I instantly melted away into the masses of people seated at their tables. Some were eating peacefully, other drinking, and some others dancing along with the slow music of the brass and cords orchestra playing in the back of the restaurant.

When I found where the reserved tables section was, I started looking for the forty seventh table. There were a lot of tables disposed in a certain order. Once I figured out the logic, I made my way to what seemed to be like my table. Getting closer to it, a feminine silhouette began to get in my sight. I ceased my walk and let out a sigh of relief when I finally recognized who I was going to eat dinner with. How stupid to jump to conclusions and mistrust my people when it was just Xandra surprising me. This girl just led me down the garden path.