Chapter 45

It turns out that Chase and I were able to see each other graduate after all. My graduation was on Saturday and his was the day after on Sunday. Sunday was also going to be the day that I was going to meet Chase's parents after almost a month of him becoming my boyfriend. It was kind of hard to avoid meeting his parents if I was going to his graduation and then would be meeting up with him after where I'm sure his parents were going to be as well. Chase had told me that his parents were excited to meet me, but that only made me more nervous than I already was.

I definitely felt the pressure to make a good impression as the days went by. And you could definitely say that I was full of nerves throughout the whole ceremony as it got closer to when I was supposed to be meeting Chase's parents. I was thankful that Chase hadn't suggested that I sit with his family during the ceremony, especially since I would be sitting with them without him and wouldn't have anyone that I knew and was comfortable with that could help me out.

You're going to do fine. You've been through a lot worse. Meeting your boyfriend's parents will be a breeze. - Jordan

I had been texting her on and off during the ceremony whenever I could. She had been nothing but reassuring every time I mentioned how nervous I was about meeting Chase's parents.

Thanks, but I'm still as nervous as I was this morning. - Rhiannon

I'm pretty sure the ceremony took a couple hours, but it flew by because before I knew it everyone around me was standing up and getting up to leave. Deciding to wait until it had cleared out around me, I stayed in my seat and pulled out my phone to see if Chase had sent me anything, but there was nothing on my phone except for a good luck text from Jordan. I sent him a message though, congratulating him on graduating. There was a possibility that he was busy celebrating with his friends at the moment and couldn't check his phone, but he would eventually. And at least he would see my message the next time he did check his phone.

When enough people had cleared out, I got out of my seat and headed down along the row of seats I had been sitting in to head up the aisle towards the exit. Chase had told me where to meet him and his family, but it took me longer than I thought it would to find the place I was meeting Chase and his family. I had no idea what his family looked like so when I got there, I walked around a bit, looking around at all the faces around me hoping that Chase was among them.

I ended up walking around a couple times before I finally found Chase. And I was pretty sure that I had passed by Chase's family a couple times while looking for Chase so he must have just recently joined them. I stopped not too far away from them and watched Chase with his family for a little while. They definitely looked like a happy family. One that I had always wanted and sort of seemed to be getting now.

While I'd never have parents that loved each other and me, I still had found family members who could replace all that. I'd never have Charlotte's love, but I was glad to know that my father was nothing like her and was willing to be a parent to me. And I had my grandparents as well as the rest of Charlotte's family. So, it wasn't really that much of a lost when it came to Charlotte.

I couldn't deny though that I was feeling just a little bit jealous of how Chase's mother was smiling at him, looking so proud. Charlotte hadn't shown up to watch me graduate, but I'm sure if she had actually been invited that still would have been true. I hadn't heard from her since my birthday and I was okay with that, but it still was hard not having a mother who was proud of me.

Sighing, I decided not to stand around any longer, ready to meet Chase's parents even though I was still nervous as ever. I was going to have to meet them sooner or later and I might as well get it over now instead of waiting longer. That would probably just make me even more nervous than I was right now. I looked around me for no real reason before I started walking over to Chase and his family. It didn't take me that long to reach them. Nor did it take Chase that long to realize that I was there.