Chapter 44

Friday came quickly and I was nervous as I drove home. Chase wouldn't be picking me up for our date for another couple of hours, but as time crept by throughout the day, I grew more nervous by the minute. When I did get home, I parked my car in the driveway and then headed inside once my car was off and all locked up. Homework was becoming less and less frequent the closer graduation got, but I did have some to do today so I headed up to my room to finish it what I did have to do.

It took me about an hour so since I didn't have anything else to do and still had some time before Chase came to pick me up, I decided to just start getting ready now instead of sitting around until I had to actually get ready. I didn't even have an outfit picked out so it was probably a good idea that I started getting ready just in case it took me longer than it should to pick out something to wear.

So, I headed over to my closet and started looking at my dresses and my skirts to pick out something. Chase hadn't mentioned what we were going to be doing on our date so I didn't want to dress up too much.

I eventually pulled out a red skirt and a white halter top before placing them on my bed and then going over to shut my door. Once my door was closed I went back to my bed and then undressed before slipping on the outfit that I had picked out for my date. The nerves were growing even more and I knew it was because this date was going to be so much different from the other ones that I have been on.

I knew that Chase really cared about making an impression, not just to show me that he'd be a good boyfriend, but also that he could also plan a good date, which he had been raving about all week long whenever I talked to him.

Chase would never give me details, of course, but he mentioned many times just how much I was going to love our date and that it was going to be the best one that I've ever been on. And I didn't doubt that. All the dates I had been on had either been bad or okay. None of them had ever stood out enough to be the one date that someone would have to beat.

Once I had finished putting on the skirt and top that I had picked out, I left my bedroom and headed into the bathroom to redo my hair and makeup. I put my long dark brown hair into a side braid and then touched up my makeup a bit. When I had finished, I left the bathroom and went back to my bedroom to pick out some shoes and then get my purse ready.

By the time I had finished, I had some black ballet flats with lace on my feet and my black purse over my shoulder filled with my phone, keys, wallet, and a few other things. I headed downstairs since Chase was going to be here any minute.

My grandparents were in the kitchen together. One sitting at the table, that would be my grandfather, and the other at the stove making dinner. I told them that Chase was probably going to be here any minute so I was just going to wait for him by the door.

"Have fun honey. And be safe!" my grandmother said smiling at me.

"I will. Do you want me back at a certain time?" I asked them. Even though I was eighteen now, I knew asking them was probably a good idea than coming home later than they wanted me too. I was still living in their house after all and I'm sure they still wanted me to follow their rules as long as I lived here.

"Just before midnight would be great," my grandfather replied. I looked over at him and saw that he was looking at his wife, which made me look over at her to see if she was looking back at him, which she was. They seemed to have had some silent agreement between the two of them about what time they wanted me to come home by.

"Alright, I'll make sure Chase brings me back before midnight," I responded which made the both of them look over at me so I smiled at them. They smiled back and nodded their heads.