Chapter 15

When the bell rang for first period to be over less than twenty minutes later, Nathan and I retrieved our things and then left the front office, heading off to our second periods when we were out of the building and had said goodbye. We parted not too long after leaving the front office since we both had to walk in different directions to get to our second period classes. I had a good memory so I remembered the way to my second period and wouldn't need anyone's help even though Nathan had asked me if I did need help finding my second period again.

I just didn't want to be one of the first ones in my class to arrive so I was taking my time walking to second period since I was dreading having to talk to Bethany and her friends again. She probably wanted to say something to me again.

Either that or she and her posse were going to ignore me. I was hoping for the latter, but with the way she kept bugging me yesterday, I had a feeling that she was going to pester me again. Unless Alexis had given her orders not to. I guess it all depends on whether or not Alexis wants Bethany to talk to me. Alexis will probably want to know more about me since Nathan wants to hang out with me.

I got the feeling that if she felt like I was a threat to getting Nathan back, then she was going to want to know all about me so she could find ways to prevent Nathan and I from getting together ourselves. She wouldn't want another girl dating the guy she seemed obsessed with. And she would want to prevent that as much as she could.

Which was kind of stupid to think that I was going to snatch Nathan away from her right now since Nathan and I weren't even really friends yet so we were nowhere close to becoming a couple. He may be cute and nice, but I wasn't going to jump into a relationship unless I had feelings for him and we knew each other a lot better than we did at the moment. That was all going to take time. And Nathan had to want and feel the same way for us to be couple too. There was no way we were going to have a relationship when it was one-sided.

So, Alexis had to know that we weren't going to get together anytime soon. At least I hope she knew that. But maybe she was so worried about Nathan dating another girl, that she didn't care how long the girl and Nathan had known each other. If there was a girl talking to Nathan, then she was a threat.

I guess Kelly and Jennifer weren't a threat though because Alexis already knew who they were and knew that they were just friends with Nathan. She had to know that friends could turn into more than just friends. I didn't really notice if Jennifer or Kelly could potentially have feelings for Nathan since I hadn't been really looking for that, but it was possible that one or both of them liked Nathan and were hoping one day that they could be more than just friends.

Or they were actually both just friends with Nathan and Alexis wouldn't have to worry about them, which she didn't seem to be doing at the moment. Alexis just seemed to be worrying about me, the girl she didn't know. And I guess that's why she was so focused on me.

Alexis didn't know me or what I was capable of so she had no idea if she could convince me not to date Nathan. And I'm sure yesterday didn't help her think that she was going to scare me into not dating Nathan or even thinking about dating him. I had talked back to her and that wasn't something that people did. So hopefully she knew that it was going to be very hard to intimidate me, but I knew that she wasn't going to give up so quickly. Alexis had gotten what she wanted probably most of her life and that wasn't just going to stop right now. It was going to take time for Alexis to realize that she couldn't always get what she wanted in life.

By the time I got into my math class, there were already a few more people in the classroom than there had been yesterday. Bethany and her friends were sitting around the spot I had sat in yesterday so I knew that I wasn't sitting there today, but thankfully they were too busy talking to each other to notice that I had come in and I was able to sneak past them.