Chapter 14

Annabella's POV!

I parked my car at school and walked in. It felt really strange walking into school by myself. I put my afternoon books in my locker and took out my morning books. I sat down at our bench and took out my phone.

"Hey. You okay? I know it will be boring sleeping in and getting to play games all day"

I texted Chandler and put my phone back into my pocket. This is going to be a really boring day at school. We had art and advanced physical education together and that was it, but who is going to make those classes funny and fun.

I felt my phone buzz. I unlocked it and saw it was from Chandler.

"Yeah so much fun. Too bad my father wakes me up and I can't go back to sleep and he took everything besides my phone. It seriously sucks. Come by after school."

I smiled for some stupid unknown reason. I put my phone back into my pocket and sat down in my first hour. I have Comp two which I really hate. I love writing, but not all of this other crap they call proper writing ways. I think writing has a mind of it's own.

Everybody has their own story and every story is someones thoughts and nobody should be told that their thoughts are not proper. I think people write to get the feelings out they are afraid or forbidden to say. 

I took out my DGP paper. If you don't know what that is it is a daily bell ringer and it stands for Daily Grammar Practice. It is my least favorite thing to do. I can not wait for this day to be over.

Candler's POV!

I was sitting in my room reading because my dad took all of my stuff away. I was just defending myself. I don't see why I am being punished.

"Hey."

"Hi Annabella. How was school?"

"Stupid and boring with out you there."

She sat by me and cuddled into my side. She was freezing.

"You are totally freezing. You also have a fever."

"I'm fine Chandler."

"No you are not. Your sick."

"I don't feel good, but I am okay."

"You need to lay down."

"No you need to calm down."

"Please lay down. I will fix you something."

She laid down and I covered her up after I gave her one of my hoodies. I walked down stairs and my parents where talking in the living room. I smiled and they looked at me confused. Probably because I am making soup and I hate soup.

"What are you doing?" my mom asked.

"Oh uh just making some whatever kind of soup this is."

"Why? No offense, but you are the worst cook ever and nobody is sick." my dad said.

"Is there some kind of special law saying you have to be sick to eat soup?" 

"Only when your son doesn't cook and hates soup and is forced to eat it whenever he is sick. Do you want to explain what this is about?" my mom asked.

"Okay so like my friend she is sorta sick and I don't know just trying to be nice."

"Friend. Chandler you do know grounding means doing nothing including having friends over." my dad said.

"She is a friend you guys would't mind me having over though."

They looked at each other and smiled. My mom walked in and hugged me. She got out some different things like movies and stuff. 

"Sweetie you may need help because you can't cook." my mom said.

"You need help. Have you met her she hates chick flicks. She likes action and war movies. We are watching American Sniper and car races and maybe some Criminal Minds."

My dad laughed and shook his head. I rolled my eyes and turned on the stove. This shouldn't be that hard. 

Lindsey's POV!

Chandler walked upstairs with everything on a tray for Annabella. I sat down ad shut off the TV. Steven looked at me like I was crazy.

"Why did you do that." he asked me.

"I think that you need to take your son out and bond with him. He wont be here forever and you know with the job he wants to do he could be gone in a second."

"Lindsey in anything he does he could be gone in a second. Think about it. A couple days ago he just sat in a funeral home from a girl who was sixteen. Was she in the navy, no, she was a young kid who was driving to a place they call prison for kids. I know what he is doing is dangerous, I was in the army, but that doesn't change the fact that anything could happen and take place at any time."

"I still think that you should bond with him."

"Where am I going to take him then. Can we talk about that finally. You let him drink and do all of this other crap and he has gone wild. He is a kid who is just out to have fun. He is a good boy I will give him that, but I am not going to a party and I already spend sports time with him."

"Steven don't try to put him off like he is some kind of teenage alcoholic because he isn't. he just takes hard times different. Did he drink when his little friend died, yes maybe a little, but he is stuck at home with nothing to do. He is cooking and taking care of a girl who he isn't even dating. He is trying to make a good friend. Maybe you could talk him into dating her. She makes him really happy."

"I am not talking him into dating a girl. He is about to graduate. He can take that into his own hands."

"I understand that, but maybe he would like his fathers input on life."

"I chose to love him, but I am not going to choose to make a input on his love interest. My dad never put an input on his girlfriend and i'm sure my grandfather didn't put an input on his life. It's just not something I am able to do."

"Oh it is something that you are able to do and it is going to be something that you are going to do."

With that I walked up stairs and left him with that though. Tomorrow I hat to tell him that he is taking off of work and they are going to bond and talk.