Chapter 6

Annabella's POV!

It's been a week and my parents get home in two days. Chandler left to go to a weekend football practice that the coach's sometimes have. I grabbed my crutches and went down the hall. 

Steven was here down stairs watching some hunting show and Lindsey was in their room. I knocked on the door then opened it. She smiled at me and i sat down on the couch by her. 

"Hey sweetie."

"Hey Lindsey can I ask you something? Normally I would talk to my grandma, but she isn't here."

"Awe of course you can ask anything you want."

"If you liked a guy when you where my age would you have told him or what would you have done?"

"Well sweetie it depends on who I would have liked and it depends on how much I liked him and how much I would risk. It's not easy being a teenage including if you like an upper class men. The one thing you don't want to do is fall for their traps though. Guys put up a hard line and sometimes they may just like you in a sister way and sometimes they tell themselves not to fall. When they do that they tend to hurt the girl in the process and they still fall for that girl."

"Why do they not want to fall for a girl though."

"Most guys are afraid of rejection and humiliation."

"That's stupid though."

"Annabella, sweetie, if you think that is stupid then why don't you go tell this very lucky guy what you feel?"

"Because I actually know he doesn't like me. I know that he would tell all of his friends and then everyone would find out and then I would have been rejected and humiliated." I said the last thing quietly.

"My point made. This lucky guy is Chandler isn't it."

I looked down and nodded. She hugged me and moved my hair out of my face. 

"I know it's hard to tell someone how you feel. I never told any boy how I felt when I was your age. I just don't want you to have any regrets. I also know that he has an off and on again girlfriend. You my sweet are a very very kind and beautiful girl and any guy would be, and should be honored to call you his girlfriend. I would't rush it though. I wouldn't rush into anything fast."

"I just don't know what to do."

Someone sat by me and I looked up. Steve smiled and sighed.

"Wow I am so glad I do not have a daughter." he said.

I laughed and looked at the both of them. Someone cleared their throat at the door. We all looked up and Chandler was standing there with an odd expression on his face.

"Yeah I don't want to know what all this is, but I am going to the basketball court if you wanna come with me Annabella."

"Well duh." 

I looked at Lindsey and she smiled. He helped me and we left. Yeah so that just happened.

Chandler's POV!

We got to the basketball court and I helped her settle in. I sat down to put on my basketball shoes. She looked at me and smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. You put your shoes on funny." she laughed.

"I think your medications are making you a little out of it. Do you want me to take you home?"

"No lets go play some basketball."

"Wait you can't play. Your legs, ankles, and shoulder is messed up."

I put my regular shoes back on and grabbed her arm. I grabbed her stuff and put it back into her bag. I noticed that Luke and Blake walked up.

"Hey man. You playing?" Luke asked me.

"No I don't think she is feeling well and neither am I. I think that we just need to go back to my house and rest. I mean it is a Saturday."

They gave me a strange look and walked away. I grabbed her and helped her back to my truck. I have a BMW and maybe I should drive that until she gets better. I love my truck, but it's hard to get in and out, much less when your injured. 

"Hey, wake up." I whispered shaking her arm.

She wouldn't wake up. I carried her in while my dad got her bag. I laid her down and took her shoes off. I shut the door slowly and quietly and walked down stairs. 

When I got down stairs I sat on the counter while my parents cooked dinner. They looked at me and smiled. 

"What?" I asked.

"Bud just ask her while you got the chance." my dad said.

"What? I don't like her. I can see us being close friends and her being someone I would always be there for, but I don't like her as a girlfriend. You guys know my type."

"Chandler, sweetie, if you stick with a type then girls are gonna run out and think of you as a jerk. I use to have a type and now look who I am with, the total opposite of my type." my mom said.

My dad looked at her and rolled his eyes. He went back to cooking the steak and setting the table. My mom came and grabbed my hands and she looked at me.

"I think that you are telling yourself not to like that girl because you want to think you really like Lexi, but in reality you like this girl who you think is just one of the guys. Chandler if you think you like her even the slightest you need to give it a chance because you never know where it may take you." She touched my face and kissed my cheek.

I sighed and walked upstairs. She was sitting up looking around. I smiled and sat down by her.

"Hey, your awake."

"Yeah. What happened."

"I think it was just your medication messing you up. My parents are finishing dinner. Want to eat?"

"I'm not really hungry right now. Thanks though."

"Are you sure? Maybe you just don't want to go down there or be with my annoying parents." she smiled. I laughed.

"I just don't feel like moving. I'm to warm."

"Well because you are a princess and you are hurt, I will bring you up something."

"You don't have to. I just want to sleep." 

She laid down. I nodded and walked out shutting the door. I walked down stairs and sat down. This is going to be a hard situation for her.

I feel really bad for her.