Chapter Six - Confusing Love

Jon Moxley's POV

I rush into the bar and run straight to the bartender. "Hey! Did you see a woman here with brown hair, blue eyes, she's sorta tall...?" I trail on.

The bartender looks into my eyes, obviously seeing the worry and nervousness in them. "Uh, yeah. She ran to the bathroom, looked like she was gonna puke." He says, pointing to the hall, where the restrooms are.

"Okay, thanks!" I yell, running down the long hallway. I stop at the door of the ladies room, I turn my head and see Roman and Seth standing there. "Guys, just stay here for a second."

They nod their heads in understanding as I open the door. I gasp. The sight before me is terrifying. Glass, blood, and a passed out Chloe on the floor. I run into the bathroom and pick up Chloe bridle style. "Guys, get in here now!" I yell to Roman and Seth. They rush in here and their eyes grow big. "Clean the blood and glass up while I rush Chloe to the hospital."

I run out of the bathroom passing all the drunken people. I push the door open and open my car door. I put Chloe in the passenger seat. I quickly walk to the other side and get into the drivers seat. I take my shirt off and rip it in half. I wrap one-half around Chloe's wrist, I do the same to the other wrist.

I start the car, and speed off to the hospital. I just pray my little Chloe is okay. I don't know what I'd do to myself if something horrible were to happen to her.

------------------------------------------------

Chloe's POV

-flashback before moving to Florida-

"Goodnight Jon," I say, getting up from the warm couch I was sitting on.

Jon and I just finished a scary movie, and I loved it! Well, I loved the part where Jon put his arm around me. He's the sweetest thing, you know? I think he sensed that I was a little freighted by the movie, so he put his arm around me, to make sure I felt protected. When he put his arm around me, I leaned into him, and man did my heart do flips. It's funny, because whenever I'm with this man, I act like a little school girl. I've never felt this way around or towards anyone before. It feels nice....it feels nice to be loved by someone.

"Aww, you're going to bed so early!" Jon whines looking at me with sad eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm tired, and you're not going to tell me I can't go to sleep." I state, looking seriously at him.

"Please stay up wth me, and watch one more movie." He quivers his bottom lip, which is super cute!

I cover my eyes with my hand and walk down the hall, to our bedrooms. Mine is at the very end of the hallway, so I don't have to take any turns, or anything.

I take my hand off my face; my eyes are still closed. I take one more step-thump!

"Oww!" I yell, opening my eyes and rubbing my forehead. I turn around and see Jon on the floor laughing, his face beat red. "Jon! That's not funny! That's actually hurt!" I whine, stomping my foot.

"Aww," Jon looks up sadly, after getting himself under control, "is my whittle Chloe hurt?" He asks with a hint of amusement in his voice.

I roll my eyes, turning back around and open my bedroom door. I slam it shut and jump onto my bed. I lay on my back, staring up at the ceiling. That actually hurt, I didn't expect it to sting so badly. It's just a little bump, right?

I lift my hand up to my forehead, and instantly feel a big bump. Great! Just great! Now Jon's going to make fun even more!

A soft knock sounds on the door. "Chlo?" Jon says, on the other side of the door. I smile. I love it when he calls me 'Chlo'. It's my little nickname he gave me. Since I always call him 'Jonny', he said I needed a nickname, so he came up with Chlo. And I love it.

"Go away!" I yell back to him.

I hear him sigh. "Please let me in," He begs.

"No." I utter.

He opens the door enough to poke his head through. He gives me a goofy grin. "Watcha doin'?" He asks, playfully.

"None of your business." I cross my arms over my chest.

A smirk plasters his face. "Of course," he shakes his head. "I don't need to know the dirty thoughts that are running through your head about me."

My jaw drops. "I'm not thinking dirty thoughts about you, Jonathan!"

"Yes, you are," He nods his head.  "No one can resist this." His smirk grows and he steps through the doorway while he acknowledges his body with a wave of his hand. I follow his hand, my eyes looking up and down Jon's perfect body. "Darling, my eyes are up here." Jon whispers. I look up at his beautiful, blue eyes, and my cheeks heat up.

His smirk fades to simple smile. He walks to the edge of the bed and stares at me. "My turn." He whispers, his eyes drift away from mine to linger my body.

Suddenly, I feel self-conscious. I grab the comforter and cover my body with it. Jon's eyes flash back up to mine. I look away, embarrassed. I here Jon sigh sympathetically. The bed indents under his weight. I feel him climb over me. "Chloe, look at me." He whispers again.

My eyes slowly move back to his. He's right over me, our faces, a few inches apart; our bodies, also a few inches apart. His minty breath hits my face, making my breathing heavier. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." He says, his eyes filled with pity.

"Don't be sorry Jon...it's okay," I reassure him.

He sighs once more, leaning his face closer to mine. He kisses my forehead, his lips leaving shocks. "Goodnight, Chlo." He whispers and crawls off me. He walks out the door, shutting it behind him.

I frown, I wanted him to stay with me. I begin to drift to sleep, still thinking of Jon's soft lips on my skin.

-----------------------------------------------

Jon Moxley's POV

I close the door behind me, and walk down the hallway to my room. I close my bedroom door and take my shirt and jeans off. I climb into bed and under my comforter. I stare up at the ceiling, thinking about Chloe.

I didn't mean to make her feel uncomfortable. I just...I don't know. She's super beautiful. I don't understand how someone can be that gorgeous. Sometimes I can't handle myself. I really wanted to kiss Chloe on the lips, not forehead. But I didn't know how she would feel about that.

My door creaks open, and then Chloe's little head pops out, her brown, wavy hair falling to the side of her head. I smile. "What's up, Chloe?" I ask.

She steps through the doorway, and into my room. "Jon....can I, uh, can I, well, I had a nightmare." She looks down, fiddling with her fingers.

"Darling, what are you trying to say?" I ask, a little puzzled.

Still keeping her head down, she asks, "can I sleep with you, Jon?"

"'Course darlin'," I say, and pull the covers back. She lifts her head up and smiles. Damn, that smile, it's perfect. She hesitantly climbs into bed with me. I wrap both my arms around her tiny waist. She buries her face in my chest. I kiss the top of her head. "Goodnight, Chloe," I whisper.

"Goodnight, Jon." She whispers back and falls asleep with a smile on her face.

-flashback ends-

-----------------------------------------------

Jon Moxley's POV

I place Chloe on the hospital bed. I'm worried, she lost a lot of blood. This is all my fault, I shouldn't have come to the WWE.

The doctor walks into the room. He asks me personal questions about Chloe. I answer honestly. He hooks up morphine in her arms.

"Is she going to be okay?" I ask the doctor.

"She should be fine. A couple days in the hospital, and she'll be all healed up." He states and walks out the room.

I sigh and hold Chloe's hand. "I don't know if you can hear me, but Chloe, I'm sorry. I really am. This is my fault, you don't deserve to be in this kind of state. Chloe, I need to tell you something, that I should have before you left. Chloe, I loved you....I don't know how I feel about you  now...but I loved you, and I might still love you."