CHAPTER 1

Oh my god!!! Not this again. Do I have to go through this every freaking time I come home..???

Now you must be wondering what am I talking about. First let me tell you that I came to my parents's house to have dinner with them and the reason why I am very much angry is... Well its simple I am 26 yrs old and according to my mom I should be married by now... Weird!!I know right... What does my age have to do with my marriage?I just don't get it...

"Aanya did u meet someone interesting.. and not telling me.. C'mon there has to be someone...Tell me sweety..."asked my Ma.

"Mamma r u serious..?? I came home just last week and I told you I am not dating anyone for god's sake. How will I meet someone and fall for him in a week ma..?" I said.

Don't get me wrong I love my ma very much but I can't handle this...It's the same every time I enter in this house. You see my mom is Indian and my dad is British. So basically I am half Indian and half British. In India it's normal for girls to marry around 24. So all of this...

"Aanya don't you use that tone with me lady. And you need to find yourself a good man. You have to settle down darling, it's for your own good."

" I don't need a man to settle mom. If you don't remember I am a CEO of Grace Designs.inc. I am an architect ma and a "successful" one. So you don't need to use that card on me it won't work. I have more than enough money to live long without anyone's help or support."

"And ma if this is what you are going to talk about, then I'll leave and come when dad and Josh come home."

"Aanya! You know I love you sweety. Fine we won't discuss about it... For now...so how's work? "

And so the topic ended. We talked about anything and everything. I can talk to my ma about anything, she used to be my bestfreind. I can talk to her for hours and not get bored. But since this wedding stuff came in between us it's becoming very frustrating,

After an hr and a half dad and Josh came home. Dad went to meet his friends n Josh went to... I don't know where he was but he came on time. That's what I love about him that he always have time for his family no matter what.After they came and we talked until it was time for dinner prepared by my ma. Dad just loves food made by her. Who am I kidding even me and my brother love it. Well it was one of the main reason dad married her ;).

While eating our dinner me and Josh were doing those silent fight with our spoons and legs. You know what I mean.

"Aanya, Josh don't fight while having dinner. You know I don't like you disrespecting your food." Dad scolded in a strict tone. And we knew not to argue with him when he uses this tone. So we finished eating our dinner.

We ate dinner and then were eating dessert in the living room, when my dad asked "Aanya how's work going..? You are handling it properly or not?"

"It's going good dad. I have many projects in my hand right now. So over and all it's hectic." I answered.

"Hmmm.. Aanya u should come and meet your old man more often. You know how much I missed you?" dad said.

I laugh at this..."dad I came last week here. Did you forget so soon?"

"No I certainly didn't, but it was 7 days before. You used to stay here every day and now I get to see you once or twice a week... u see what am I telling you..?" He asked teasing me.

"Oh my old man, I'll try and come more often but you know how much that company tires me dad."I told.

And that ladies and gentlemen is my dad, strict from outside and funny from inside. My brother if u ask is 6 years younger than me and a little shy around new people but from the rumors I have heard he is quite the other way round when he is with his friends.