Choji---/ Friendship

Choji was always happy, always had a smile on his face and never frowned once. Everyone in his class at the academy accepted him, not nesaseraly befriending him, but having nothing agenised him.

Shikamaru on the other had was his best friend, nothing would ever change that. Choji looked up the Shikamaru, for help and for advice. Shikamaru had always been there for him.

Being placed on Genin team, Choji found that he gained more friend within his old class mates. They seemed to respect him more as a ninja after his help in the return Sasuke mission.

Choji found himself training hard and growing more skilled as his age grown higher. Shikamaru always remained at his side to help him. No matter what. Shoji know he had Shikamaru there.

Many missions together and Shikamaru had saved Choji many of time. Choji felt safe around Shikamaru, even if the mission was hard. If his best friend was there then Choji know he would be just fine.

And then disaster struck and there sensei was lost. Choji was heartbroken.

They all were.

And even now, the day before Asuma-Sensei’s funeral Choji know it was his turn to help Shikamaru. To be there for him like he always was for him.

Choji know Shikamaru took Asuma’s death the hardest of the three students. It was clear to see they were almost father and son in their own right.

Choji needed to help his friend before his friend crumbled right before him.

Choji left his out with that goal set in mind as he walked through the streets of the village. He said his thanks to people that apologized of the loss of Asuma but he didn’t wear his normal happy front.

How could he? What was the point right now? Asuma was gone and his murders were still out there alive and well.

Choji came to a stop at the Nara house and knocked on the front door. She shuffled his feet a little as he waited for someone to open the door. When the door opened to reveal Shikaku, Shikamaru’s father and Yoshino, Shikamaru’s mother, Choji adverted his eyes to his feet.