Dancing among the Stars part 18

Salem knew he had to rid himself of these thoughts. His mate was not in love with another, was she?

He paced the room, his boots making no sound as he walked around the room. He watched her sleep, chest rising and falling with each breath. The candlelight cast shadows across her face, and made her look more beautiful then the prince had ever seen her. Out of impulse, he reached out and brushed his hand over her cheek, feeling her warm skin soft beneath his hand.

He sighed softly and pulled the blankets over her form and decided to pay a visit to the She'ha'mehay, to speak with the two twin sparrows and the red rat snake.

The prince did not take his time when asking for them, Aisha tried to distract him and give the girls time to escape, but the prince insisted to speak with them. The viper led him into a sitting room and ushered the three women inside, leaving them to talk.

"What do you want to speak to us?" Alida asked quietly.

"Because," Salem peered at the woman, "You know something I don't."

Elita put her hands on her hips, "Spit it out, cobra!" she snapped.

Salem glared, "Your leader, the thief," he drew in a slow breath, "Has he loved anyone before Namid came to me?"

Ginger pursed her lips, thinking, "Hmm…What are you implying, prince?" Her crystal-blue eyes glinted in anger "That our Mana is looking for pleasure?"

"Particularly with my mate!" Salem replied.

Alida cut in, "He has loved her, cobra, as a friend since she was three, but they became lovers only about a year and a few months ago."

Salem nodded slowly, "I see."

"Don't you go blamin' her now!" Elita replied, crossly.

Salem suddenly left the room and the dancer's nest, his thoughts in a mess.

He was angry, with the thief, with Namid and at himself for not seeing it.

Namid still loved him. And the thief still loved her.

He had to make her see that he was the better choice…

But how?