Dancing among the Stars part 14

A/N: I don't have my books on me, so the vows they swear are different. And the reason I skipped a few months is because I wanted her to turn fifteen on her wedding day. So now Namid is fifteen and both Salem and Rak are 18.

Disclaimer: The song: 'Goodbye My Lover' belongs to James Blunt. When I was listening to it, it reminded me of Rakab's POV.

Did I disappoint you or let you down?

Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?

'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,

Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.

Goodbye my lover.

Goodbye my friend.

You have been the one.

You have been the one for me.

Quite a few months had passed since meeting Salem,from planning Oliza's wedding to another wyvern, to her sudden news of pregnancy and the birth of a daughter. The young princess was named, Chu'si, and was often visted by her 'Uncle' Salem and Namid. During the months, Namid and Rakab stopped seeing each other as lovers but as they had always been: loyal friends. Yet Namid could see how much it pained Rak to see her kissing and loving someone else and, in truth, she wished he weren't her lover but just a friend in the first place. Yet her heart had told her otherwise.

You touched my heart you touched my soul.

You changed my life and all my goals.

And love is blind and that I knew when,

My heart was blinded by you.

I've kissed your lips and held your head.

Shared your dreams and shared your bed.

I know you well, I know your smell.

I've been addicted to you.

The next morning, just two days after her fifteenth birthday, a maid hurried Namid into a gown of silver and white. She kept her face blank as they led her to the dais were Salem stood, looking stunning in gold and black. She walked up to him and she took his arm. Silver-green eyes gazed at the avian and serpiente men and women that had gathered and she sighed, wondering if her mother and father knew how she felt.

The ceremony went by quickly and soon it came to the vows. A crow turned to her and asked, "Do you swear, by the sky and earth that is your own, to remain loyal to your mate until death?"

So I took what's mine by eternal right.

Took your soul out into the night.

It may be over but it won't stop there,

I am here for you if you'd only care.

Goodbye my lover.

Goodbye my friend.

You have been the one.

You have been the one for me.

She swallowed hard, and turned to Rakab who stood in the crowd, he nodded slowly and Namid answered, her voice seemingly confident, "I-I swear it."

The crow turned to Salem and asked the same vows. He answered, garnet eyes revealing no emotion. She knew then, as the crow bound their union, she had to remain loyal to the prince but her mind whispered for Rakab's familiar violet gaze and his warm touch. The cobra prince was kind, yes, but he still wasn't her thief.