Dancing among the Stars 22

Namid felt a soft hand on her forehead and opened her eyes. "Ylva?" she murmured. "Am I dead?"

The woman laughed gently, "Close, child." "I have come to show you what has happened to your thief…though it may hurt to see."

"I am willing…" she replied, quietly.

Ylva placed two fingers on her forehead and Namid suddenly found she was in a field of flowers, the wind gently brushing by her.

She grinned and ran to a familiar figure, calling their name. The figure turned around and smiled.

But he wasn't smiling at Namid.

He was smiling at another girl.

She was a soft-spoken, cautious girl and almost the opposite of Namid. Her form was curvaceous and dainty, while Namid's was a little more muscled. Namid scowled as the girl giggled and took Rakab's hand, "Come on!" she whispered.

I hold my breath as this life starts to take its toll
I hide behind a smile as this perfect plan unfolds
But oh, God, I feel I've been lied to
Lost all faith in the things I have achieved
And I

Namid watched her pull her thief along the flowers, laughing, and it hurt her heart, bitterly. She looked away as Rak pulled the girl in for a kiss. For once in her life, she wished for that girl to be her.

"You feel pain at this sight, my kin?" Ylva asked.

Namid didn't say anything as she walked down the field, feeling her bitter rage begin to build up.

I've woken now to find myself
In the shadows of all I have created
I'm longing to be lost in you
(away from this place I have made)
Won't you take me away from me

Crawling through this world as disease flows through my veins
I look into myself, but my own heart has been changed

Why had she not refused the offer to marry? Why had she let Rakab go? Why had she not at least said something?

So many questions and no answers, so much pain and no cure, so much time wasted and no action.

Damn the alliance, damn the world, damn it all. She didn't care anymore.

I can't go on like this
I loathe all I've become

Lost in a dying world I reach for something more
I have grown so weary of this lie I live

She wanted Rakab to be her mate. Was that so hard to ask?

She didn't want to lie to Salem anymore and confess her love openly to Rakab. She never wanted to lie to Rakab if it meant he would do this!

I've woken now to find myself
In the shadows of all I have created

I'm longing to be lost in you

She wanted to be with her own kind, to rule them, and to choose whom to love. Not be forced to love someone out of another's conscious thought.

I have woken now to find myself
I'm lost in shadows of my own
I'm longing to be lost in you

She was just so…lost. So broken and pained that it seemed to blind her.

Away from me

Ylva sighed and took Namid's elbow. "You have a babe to care for now, child. Your thief is safe here…"

Namid sunk down into the flowers, sobbing and beating the ground with her fists, "How stupid could I be, Ylva?" "I almost knew Rak would find another!" "Love has made me a fool!"

The goddess knelt beside her in the grass, "Time has its reasons, and this is one." "I am sorry but Rakab may go back to Wyvern's Court but he may choose not to. Tis his own decision."

Namid nodded, as Ylva put a hand on her shoulder and Namid fell through time and eternity back to her body. She sat up gasping and Sheila nodded, understanding as Namid was handed the girl.

The she-wolf noticed the glint of silvery-red in the baby's eyes and the tuft of black hair on its head. Salem walked inside and his breath caught when he saw the little bundle in Namid's arms. "Born at only seven months." He murmured, "She's so beautiful."

"Yes, she is." Namid whispered, watching as the girl shifted to her Demi-form. The body was of a silver wolf pup, but along its back and paws were pale scales. In the baby's mouth would cobra fangs would grow.

"A wolf-cobra." Namid murmured, glad that the child had not been born too early, which would have caused death. "Her name...?"

Salem smiled, "How about Rose?"

Namid thought a while and nodded, "Rose Kai Cobriana..."

"Fits." Shiela remarked, grinning.