Chapter 11

I wake up actually feeling a little happy. The whole world could literally be falling on my head and I probably wouldn't care because I'm feeling a shred of happiness this morning. Elijah is back, Klaus has been protecting our daughter from any possible threats, and things are actually pretty steady. I quickly get dressed and throw my hair into a ponytail. I run into Klaus in the hallway, I look up and see a devilish smile on his face so I let out a little smirk.

"So are you just trying to be an ass this morning?" I ask him curiously with a little laugh.

"You seem chipper this morning, did someone ruffle your feathers last night?" Klaus asks me as he raises an eyebrow. I give him a playful shove as I walk past him.

"I can assure you there have been no ruffling of my feathers in quite a while" I say as I chuckle.

"I can change that" Klaus teases me. I playfully roll my eyes at him.

"Sex jokes now? Is that what we have come to?" I ask him teasingly.

"It's cute that you think I'm joking" Klaus says as he leans on the railing as I descend down the stairs.

"Don't be a pig" I laugh as I push a curl from my face.

"Oink" Klaus retorts with a smirk on his face. I roll my eyes and grab my purse.

"I'm heading out to the bayou, have fun with Finn and Kol while I'm gone" I say as I walk out.

"Will do!" Klaus calls out to me as I disappear into the streets. This morning is already off to a good start, let's hope nothing changes that.

----------------------

"All of the wolves are freaking out since Vincent disappeared and I don't know what to do, I'm about to have a nervous breakdown" Aiden says as he paces.

"Did anyone suspect that you are the cause of his disappearance?" Hayley asks curiously.

"Nope, not yet. But they will find out and when they do I'm screwed, so I have come to my three alphas to seek guidance and maybe a tad but of diabolical scheming" Aidn says to Jackson, Hayley and myself.

"Well, set up a meeting tonight, without Vincent we can convince them to just leave Esther behind!" I say demandingly.

"She gave us moonlight rings" Aiden says in a duh tone.

"I don't care, those rings may make you strong physically but they make you weak mentally!" I retort, my voice stern.

"Just set the damn meeting Aiden!" Jackson growls, his voice husky and gruff.

"Fine, fine.." Aiden says rolling his eyes and walking away. Hayley then looks at me.

"Can we take a walk, P?" Hayley asks curiously.

"Yeah definitely, let's go" I say as Hayley and I begin to walk. "What do you want to walk and talk about?" I ask her curiously. Hayley grabs my wrist and makes me face her.

"Penelope... Ever since I met you.. I have not been completely honest with you.." Hayley says nervously. I look at her intrigued.

"Hayley, you can tell me anything okay?" I say to her reassuringly. She looks at me and nods her head.

"I know that Jackson told you that him and I were betrothed, but that was a lie.." Hayley admits. I look at her curiously. "Since you are the last of our line, you are our pack's rightful alpha. When you were born, you were meant to be betrothed to Jackson.. But Jackson and I loved each other, and even though I wasn't an alpha he still wanted to marry me. I mean, I was an alpha by default since you weren't with us, but now that you are here, I have lost my title..." Hayley explains to me. I look at her and just blink a few times.