Chapter 4

Klaus and I come upon my werewolf pack, they are all packing up their things and they look like they are about to move.

"Hayley and Jackson are gone, and Oliver seems to think he is the alpha, these people will never listen to me, I'm not their alpha" I say to Klaus as we look upon the wolves.

"You are the last of your line, Penelope. If anything you are the rightful alpha to be completely truthful" Klaus tells me as he begins to take a step forward while looking back at me. "Go talk to them" Klaus encourages me as he takes my hand and pulls me forward. I reluctantly walk out into the clearing and now all eyes are on Klaus and myself.

"What the hell are you two doing here?" Oliver asks defensively.

"Hold your tongue, or I'll tear it from your gaping mouth" Klaus threatens him. I clear my throat and take a step forward.

"I didn't come here to fight, or to wage war. I came here to talk.." I say to them, all of them look at me intrigued. "Our pack has been divided by people who wish to make us their slaves. Hayley and Jackson have gone away and I know that you looked up to them and you respect them. I realize that you guys just know me as the last long lost Labonair sister, but if you give me the opportunity and I can turn things around for us. I can be your leader, I can guide you and I will fight for you. I will be there for you, but only of you give me the chance.." I breathe out as I look at all of them. I look at Oliver and he seems unimpressed.

"You think that we can trust you? You're not one of us! Hell, you're not even a wolf, you're a blood sucking vampire parasite!" Oliver sneers, taking a stand against me.

"I was born a Labonair, so I suggest you shut your mouth because you are talking to werewolf royalty, Oliver" I say not backing down.

"What are you going to do P? Attack me in front of all these people? It will just give them another reason to follow Cassie and take one of her moonlight rings. Yes, we'd rather follow a witch than follow you. Hell, I'd rather die than follow you" Olivier snarls disgusted. Within an instant Klaus furiously vampire speeds towards Oliver and knocks him flat on his back, pinning him down with his boot on his chest. Not going to lie that it's kinda sexy when he acts all powerful.

"Well, at least you didn't drag this out" Klaus says looking down at Oliver.

"Hey! Klaus, let him go" I say as I walk over to them.

"You need to learn about the art of politics, love. You gain supporters by killing your detractors!" Klaus exclaims as he puts a little more pressure on Oliver's chest causing him to groan.

"These people are my family Klaus, even Oliver. I won't gain their support by killing one of them, let him go..Now" I say with my voice low and serious. Klaus turns to all the wolves with a smile on his face and let's Oliver up.

"You see? That is your Queen, Powerful, fearless, beautiful and unlike me, merciful" Klaus addresses the wolves, but he then turns to me. "These people need to show you more respect, you are their queen and they should be lucky enough to have you as a leader. I will let you take it from here then" Klaus says as he turns to leave.

"Wait! Where are you going?" I ask Klaus as I catch up to him.

"I'm going to find the witch. Seems I need to educate her as to what she may or may not do in my city" Klaus says irritation in his voice. I reach out and grab his wrist, gaining his attention.

"Those witches tried to kill our daughter, show no mercy" I say evilly. Klaus gives me a devious smile and nods his head before flashing away. I look back at the wolves in the distance, looks like they are my responsibility now.