Part 11: Game On

Yep. This is it. This is it.

I have grown to love Red, I hope you have too.

This isn't the end. Nope, nope, nope. Definetly not.

Enjoy.

Chapter 11:

Chapter 11: Unwanted Saviour

I vividly remember never hitting the ground. The pain was agonising, searing, soul combusting, but I didn't really lose consciousness. I sat there, sweat dripping down my face, covering my body in a thick sheen. My eyelids were getting heavier and heavier and heavier.

But I was gripping consciousness with an unrivalled strength, I was determined to remain awake. I needed to be strong for Seff.

"Their mate bond is immense," Leia commented as her mate lifted me up. I watched as the Head of Defence and Head of Tactics, wolf whistled. All the soldiers stopped, the eerie sound of silence scared me.

"All Stand!" The Head of Tactics roared, the cacophony of army boots stomping on the ground phenomenal. She nodded at me.

"We are to go into battle... Now! All women find your mates, you have half an hour to inform them of the game plan. We are to retrieve Red's mate swiftly and painlessly, we want no human casualties. We just want to find the NewBorns, kill it and hunt down their creator. Is that clear?!" Her voice was loud, dominant, yet so feminine. I could see her mate staring at me in awe. This was amazing.

I watched as all the soldiers paired, they shared hugs and kisses as they met their mates. My fear plummeted at the realisation that my mate's life was in grave danger.

"He is still alive," Leia told me, keeping me from falling by pressing a slender hand on the small of my back.

"I am aware of your plan," she says, I look at her in confusion. She shakes her head. "Don't ask," she utters. "Anyway, we will continue to use you as bait. You will head back to our Village, with five of our shortest women as protection."

I am confused.

"Why specifically five of your shortest?" I question. Leia grins.

"They seem to pose the least amount of danger to anyone who doesn't know them, but they are trained to kill and fight. We put in extra effort to teach the ones who seem most vulnerable to be most dangerous. They will play the role of five young girls who nursed you back to health. They will be forgotten, then on the full moon, which is tomorrow by the way. The girls will strike, killing the NewBorn and its creator. They'll have help though." Leia says, I smile as her plan unfolds.

I look outside the window, to find the Army standing around, they are huddled together. Their faces are marred with strength, loyalty, agility.... Power.

Something inside of me causes me to smile.

I touch my window, wishing that Seff was here with me.

I don't even know what I'll do when we are reunited. Will we leave and never return? Will we stay in our Village?

Will we even win the battle?

"Let's get ready now," Leia says, stopping me from tormenting myself. I stop biting my lip and stand up.

"I will take you to your room, where there will be some clean clothes. You are free to bathe and then the five girls will come and welcome you. Is that okay Red?" She asks.

I nod and face her.

"What sort of creature am I?" I ask and Leia shake her head. She is refusing to reply.