Part 8: Goodbyes

I'm a jerk for not updating. I know this chapter is really short. But I have to cut it up into two parts. I'm updating again today. Promise.

Enjoy

Chapter 8

I was going to die. I watched as my grandmother morphed into an animal. She stood at six feet tall, she was half human and half beast. Her skin had erupted in fur and her teeth were hanging over her lips.

I was scared, and the worst thing was that, this was my grandmother.

I couldn't cry. I just watched in horror as her claws grabbed my arms, ripping my blouse.

"Grandma, STOP! Don't let this control you!" I screeched, my throat burning from all the screaming and begging I was doing.

She looked at me blankly, the only thing left of her was her grey hair. She was there, grabbing at me, clutching at me, but not really there.

I looked deep into her amber eyes and I suddenly felt calm. The pain in my arm was subsiding and the beast that my grandmother had turned into was smiling down at me. Her hunched shoulders were becoming straight. She had the posture of a human. I watched as the beast turned into me. It had my red hair, my fair skin, but it had my grandmothers grey eyes.

I was unnerved.

"What's happening?" I whispered in a calm voice. I got no reply. I knew this was the young version of my grandmother. Why this was happening?

I couldn't even begin to think of the possibilities.

What was she? She certainly wasn't human, but she wasn't the NewBorn, Alex was.

Could there be two NewBorns. Could someone had created both of them knowing what strength I possessed and how well I could refuse it.

It was likely.

NewBorns were made to lure humans, so with me being twice as strong; surely they'd create twice the number of NewBorns.

But why my innocent Grandmother, why Alex? Both had flaws but they were not sinister human beings.

All of a sudden, the beautiful woman was gone and replaced by the half human, half beast.

"Seff," I whispered. I didn't know what else to do.

I shut my eyes ready to die as the pain from her claws digging into my skin got to me. Her breath was hot and heavy as she pulled my arms harder, pulling it out of its joint.

I didn't even have the strength to cry out in agony.

"Seff," I cried again.

All of a sudden, there was no more pain. I pried my eyes open to find Seff standing in front of me. On the floor was my grandmother, she was knocked out. She looked so peaceful with her feathery hair and soft wrinkled skin.

"There's no hope for her Red. The beast has taken over. We need to run, to leave. There's nothing left for you in this Village." He grumbled, his voice deep. I shivered involuntarily.

"Where will we go?" I asked.

Seff didn't respond.

"Pack your bags, we will leave before she wakes up and comes after us." He whispered. I was about to ask him something else, but he gave me one look and I was running to get my things.

I was sobbing as I placed all my clothes in a small bag, I left everything else. I left the book my grandmother gave me as a child, I left the things my father had bought me. I left the things my mother had left me. All those people were dead.

It was just Seff and I. I was running away and I had Seff to protect me. All I could rely on was myself and Seff. All I had was Seff.

I looked at his bag which was on the bed, already packed.

I took it and went to search for him. I found him waiting outside the cabin, he had some food and water packed in a container.

"Before we do this," he began,"I need to know that you trust me."

I smiled and nodded, "I trust you with my life." I said as he took both bags and placed them over his shoulder.

He held my hand and faced me.

"Then I need you to run, alone. I have some things to sort and I need you to run in the opposite direction of the Village. I will catch up with you, of course, I will catch you up, I'm your mate. I just need you to be safe whilst I solve this NewBorn problem. We need to start our future with no hindrances."

I wiped a tear that had slid onto my cheek.

"No!" I cried and Seff gave me a look.

"You said you trusted me," he growled and I frowned.

"How about-" I began only to be cut off short.

"You should leave!" He growled. I nodded my head reservedly and placed my bag over my shoulder.

"If I don't see you within a week, I am coming after you Seff." I pause, "if you get killed, I will resurrect you, then I will kill you... Slowly."

"I love you."

**********************

Short and sweet.

I hope you enjoyed this.

Vote

Comment

Fan