Part 5: Love?

This is the start of many updates. I have so much free time. I have ten weeks of nothingness. So this is a bit of the last update and more.

The tension has peaked.

Put on your seatbelts.

Chapter 5:

"When you came to my cabin and I seemed... Agitated." Seff began. "I had been attacked by something."

"Something," I challenged him. He was a tall man of nearly seven feet and he had gotten attacked by something.

He sighed in resignation.

"I have so much to admit, Red, it will take too long. I just feel like I have to be there for you. You are my..."

He went silent.

"Come with me and I'll tell you everything." He whispered.

He beckoned me forward and I followed. For the first time in a long time, I felt at peace. I smiled as I looked at Seff's retreating back, I also felt safe as I looked at him. He looked back at me and I couldn't help but melt inside. I shook my head. What was I doing? My dad had just been killed and I had no one, and here I was enjoying life, enjoying Seff.

I couldn't stop the grin that slid onto my face. I was really enjoying the view. Seff stopped walking, looked at me with warning eyes.

"Red," he growled, his deep voice as rich as honey. I smiled sweetly and gasped as he grabbed my hand, his hand dwarfing mine.

"Let me start with the story now..." He rumbled.

"I was born a century and a half ago; my mother was married to my father then, but it wasn't the best of marriages. He wasn't her mate."

I furrowed my eyebrows but remained silent as he spoke.

"Typhoid took my father away when I was just a boy and that's when things began to change. I was thirteen of years then but I began to notice that my mother became stronger, more powerful and more herself. She then told me about my lineage. She told me what I was and she trained me. In the same way you are being trained. A few years after, she then taught me about my father. You remember that book? Well, my father gave it to me when I was very young and I found it odd at the time. But I learnt. My father was a new-born. Don't look at me like that." he paused and I grin.

"He was a new-born until my mother saved him. The beast of a new-born is much like a demon, it doesn't have complete control but it never wants to leave the body it inhabits. When my mother saved my father, he lost his memory, but he wasn't completely normal. And I doubt I am a normal werewolf."

I glared at him. "So you lied to me."

"No," he said. "I withheld information. What I am saying is, I think I am the new-born. I have the genetics of a new-born, if you can have genetics of them, and I am..." He paused. It sounded like whatever he wanted to tell me was painful.

"I am in love with you. You are my mate. There's no denying that now. I can explain it to you but I want you to know that, I am leaving for your safety." He let out a sigh and I looked at him.

"Mate? Is that like the things an animal has or?"

Seff laughed, "Soulmate, you are my soulmate."

I bit my lip.

"You don't seem like you love me." I whispered. "You shouted at me, you are moody and mean to me," I argue and grin as Seff blushed.

"For that, I am sorry." He sighed and I sat down, not caring about the cold snow sinking through my trousers. I was looking at Seff. I looked at his face, admiring his handsomeness. I was thinking.

He loved me.

I frowned all of a sudden.

"Is this some plot?!" I growled. " You can't be my beloved and the Newborn who is ruining my life."

"It's complicated, Red-" he began.

I shut my eyes closed, I could feel my face getting hotter and hotter. He didn't have the right to play with my emotions.

"My father died this very..." I ranted but Seff stopped me.

"You know about him?" He asked and I nodded slowly.

"How do you know?" I asked, sitting down on a log. Seff say next to me silently.

"I saw it, him, and I took it away. " he explained.

"So what do I do with myself?" I asked, "I can't trust you, I can't trust my grandmother, I can't trust anyone. What do I do Seff?"

He paused.

"You could lure the newborn." He offered and I growled in frustration.

"It can't be you, you can't be the newborn. You are helping with planning its demise." I cried.

Seth shook his head.

"I said I could be the newborn. Not that I am. The best way to just sort it out is for you to come to my cabin. Sleep for a bit and I'll watch you. You will have no contact with the outside world and he newborn is bound to come to you." He explained.

"So the newborn is definitely male?" I asked and Seth bit his lip in thought.

"Yes. Most of the time. This one is male and created and very strong and possessive."

"I can see why you think you're the NewBorn." I joked.

Seth ignored me.

"Are you up for it, Red? We are going to solve this... Together."

I placed my hand in his.

"I was born ready."