Part 6: Til Death do us Part

This is a double update. I added more to the previous Chappie. And I hope you enjoy. This story is actually a novella... I guess and the climax is soon and with the climax comes the ending. This isn't the ending right now.

God no!

Just saying, there's a minimum of five chapters left and a maximum of twelve.

Happy reading.

******************************************************

Chapter 6:

Seff and I's relationship never changed drastically overnight. He was still aloof and silent, he would chide me as if I was a child.

But he cared and protected for me. Or maybe I was really good at convincing myself that he was the good guy.

"Red?" Seff said walking into the cabin. I had finished doing anything and everything. I had cleaned, cooked, sewed, farmed... anything.

And I was beginning to miss my grandmother.

Seff was so confusing. He would always tell me that he loved me, but he wouldn't touch me. He wouldn't even look at my face for longer than necessary.

I don't know what came over me as I uttered to Seff.

"Why do you act this way towards me?" I asked Seff as he was happily munching on the food I had lovingly prepared for him.

See, I was already a little perfect doting wife.

"Like what?" He said, his harsh voice causing me to flinch inside. I didn't know whether I was scared of him or not.

"You hold me at arms length. You haven't even touched me." I complained.

"How would you like to be touched, Red?" He questioned; grinning deviously. And I stood up in a hurry. I was about to head outside but Seff grabbed a hold of my arm.

"Don't!" He warned and I inadvertently shut my eyes. He does something to me.

He causes my heart to swell and thunder against my chest in haste. He makes my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth. He makes my joints weak. He renders me weak.

"If..." He paused. "If I make you feel less than what you are worth, I am truly sorry. I am not used to this. I'm not used to communication or women. But don't, I repeat, don't place yourself in harms way. If the NewBorn comes here, I can protect you. I know where my weapons are. Where the herbs are, a werewolf cannot be defeated in his own abode. But I sense the NewBorn. Whether its lurking inside of me or outside this house, wanting you to come out and be with its woman, its partner. Then I can't do anything. And that tears me up to shreds."

Without even thinking about it. I placed my hand on his cheek.

"I won't leave you. For whatever reason Seff." I promised and he laughed.

"Good. I have to train you some more."

He lightly placed an arm around my waist. And I almost swooned. I looked up at Seff; tall, strong, protective and all mine.

I stopped, deflated. I was supposed to marry Alex. I didn't know what was going on in town. I had been alone with Seff for almost a month now. I had been given the time to mourn my father's death and to reflect on my life plans. I had gotten to know Seff a lot more. And he seemed to have the intention of taking me away from this dreary town and to somewhere far; where we could be ourselves.

Seff had told me of Werewolf societies, where we could get money, protection, education. It seemed like I was involved in every part of his life plan. Nothing would make me happier.