When She Least Expected

Hermione was in a daze. Did Malfoy really just say sorry? And he wanted her? What was going on? Hermione could feel the deep flutter of wings in her stomach and her heart race as the possibility that perhaps he was seeing her in a different light but she refused to dwell on them after all it wouldn't end good for her. She might just feel the same back.

But she couldn't lie...she felt slightly different when near him and her friends. She wanted to be closer to the danger then to the hero's and that frightened her a tad.

 She continued to stare out the window, watching as that dark prince flew from sight and she found herself smiling allowing her brain to deluge into a forbidden day dream where everything was different and where she had a shot at tasting something a little different then what she has since her first year.

Yes, in this dream...Ron and Harry were the bad guys.

"Ugh that slut!" Ginny rushed in and Hermione jumped turning to face her angry friend.

"What's up?" Hermione asked walking towards her bed and sitting with her legs crossed to face Ginny as Ginny grabbed her pillow and repeatedly punched her fist into it grunting over and over. Hermione stared at Ginny like she were crazy before she reached over catching her friends fists in her hand causing her eyes to look up into hers. "Whats wrong Ginny?"

"Some two for nothing whore was flirting with Harry!" Hermione's eyes widdened and her face paled.

"W-whore?"

"Yeah! I heard Harry talking, I didn't catch the girls name, but I heard everything! He said what she did and how he was captured by her!" Hermione's mouth fell wide open now. What did Ginny mean...was captured by her? "And you won't believe this! He's been into her before me!"

"WHAT?!" Hermione's eye sight had blurred over and her hands had turned ice cold as she leg Ginnys go. She slumped back and stared watching Ginny talk.

"He was talking to some teacher, and the teacher was like you have feelings, and Harry was like No! He kept denying it until the end where he collapsed into a chair and sobbed it all out!" Oh Merlin. Hermione was so close to fainting that she had to unbutton her shirt and breath deeply feeling her forehead begin to sweat. She really shouldn't have done that to Harry...maybe she wouldn't know about this now and maybe he would have forgotten! "What am I going to do Hermione? What if this girl wants him back?"

"Oh no! Believe me, I think this girl has her eyes set on someone else!" Hermione automaticaly scolded herself for saying. For one, Ginny now thinks she knows the girl and two...she wasn't talking about Ron either.

"You know her?!" Ginny stood outraged staring daggers at Hermione.

"W-what? N-no-" She shuttered whimpering as she saw her friend flume with anger.

"Ugh! Whatever! I'll figure this out myself!" Ginny stormed out from the room and Hermione sat there in a state of shock, fear and disgust.

Shock - Her best friend liked her and has for a while.

Fear - Ginny would kill her!

Disgust - She admitted to having her sight on Draco Malfoy...but secretly.

"Oh dear lord...what have I done now?" Hermione muttered shaking her head as she stood. Perhaps she should talk to Harry? No...that would make things worse. Ok then, she would simply never flirt with Harry again! And she'd find a way to somehow...make Ginny more...his type? But she was sure that they were in love...so how could Harry feel anything for Hermione?