Secrets and Truth

From now on I'll be uploading on my tablet so I'm sorry for any stupid, annoying mistakes :( but check bellow for a new update xD enjoy the story xD

Secrets and Truth

"There's got to another way." Harry muttered, his hands balled into fists as Ron paced up and down the small corner of the library. Hermione stayed perched on the ground against the wall, her eyes staring blankly at the spot on the floor while Ginny ran her hand soothingly against her arm. Malfoy hadn't said a word and kept hands routed deep into his pockets. "Even if we find out what hex was used, we have no way of finding out who used it. We'd be at a dead end anyway. Your not doing it Hermione."

Hermione didn't argue. Harry had a valid point but it still left them t step one.

"Bloody hell." Ron breathed out finally sinking down into one of the chairs and covering his face with his hands. "How does it still come after us? One more year and here we are again. Bloody hell." He mumbled rubbing his temples.

Hermione felt Ginny freeze against her and when she looked up at her ginger haired best friend, she saw the way she dug her teeth down on her bottom lip.

"What?" Hermione asked grasping her attention. The groups eyes fell on the two girls and Ginny's cheeks flushed a light shade of red as her eyes sunk to the ground and her hand fell back into her lap. She shook her head and and let the short strands of red hair fall covering her sight. Hermione pulled away from the wall and crossed her legs tugging her skirt down over her underwear before reaching down to tale Ginny's hand in hers.

"It's just...I don't understand. It should all be over, all the threats and danger. We ended it, it all ended and here we are...still fighting...still..." Ginny's words trailed off, her eyes blurred with tears as she glanced up at Harry for a second. "Still keeping secrets and still...falling apart."

Hermione threw her arms around Ginny and pulled her into her chest where she clung and cried. Hermione held her tight, her arms never fading. She had mentioned what she had suffered at Hogwarts when the trio had left and it had Ginny torn inside. Hermione understood her fear and she understood her worry about Harry, she just wished there was something she could do, she wished that she wasn't part of Harry's secret and at that moment, she wished she wasn't part of Malfoy's either. Words of comfort weren't finding their way out and Hermione couldn't help but feel responsible for all the danger knocking at their door once more.

"We all need to rest, think about this clearer in the morning but one things for sure. We're not doing that spell." Harry ,uttered getting to his feet and walking towards Ginny. He pulled her up into his arms where she weakly stayed before his eyes quickly glanced down at Hermione but the guilt that washed over his eyes made it clear, he wasn't worried about her as a friend...he wanted to be holding her. Harry looked away quickly and led Ginny out from the library.

"Hermione?" Ron shyly whispered as he got to his feet.

"I'm going to stay here...try and look something's up."

"You shouldn't be alone." Hermione shook her head as she eased herself up to her feet.

"I'm in the library Ron. I'll be fine." Ron remained for a few minutes longer arguing but eventually left while Hermione signed and dropped her head into her hands, her legs going weak to the point she almost dropped back to the ground in tears. Danger rarely scared her, it rarely knocked her off her feet but the realization that she might never be safe had her weaker then ever. The only reason she remained standing at that moment was to the strong arms that wrapped around her and pulled her into a firm chest.

He was frigid, his arms simply barriers as Hermione silently sobbed into his chest.

"We need to do it," Hermione whispered as she pulled her face from his chest and stared up into those cold grey eyes. "We need to do the spell."

"Potter would kill me!"

"Not if he doesn't find out. Its a start Draco-"

"No." He muttered slicing through her words but his true reason for it was one he wouldn't say. He didn't want to see her in pain, he didn't want to be responsible again for her screams.

"Draco-"

"I said no Granger!" Hermione stepped back from his arms staring wide eyed at the boy in front of her. "And its Malfoy to you." He whispered trying to keep his eyes hard and glued to hers. "I didnt sign up for this part."

Hermione felt the tears leap back to her eyes but this time they were different, they were coming from a different ache in her chest unaware of what Malfoy was truly trying to do. He wanted to distance himself, he needed too. Not just for his sake but for hers.

"Of course not," Hermione muttered, a look of disgust crossing her face. Not just aimed towards Malfoy but at the thought she allowed herself to believe, that he actually cared for her and that maybe this wasn't all just sex. "You just wanted the easy ride."

Malfoy scrawled down at her, her words hitting him hard in annoyance. He hated the way she referred to herself, he hated the things he just made her believe. "What? No..."

"Goodbye Malfoy." Hermione forced out through her teeth as she turned away to leave. Malfoy felt his heart race in his chest, an over whelming feeling wash over his body as the words glued to his lips. He knew what he wanted to say, he knew there wasn't denying it much longer and seeing her walk away, seeing her oblivious to the truth angered him into this state.

"Hermione!" He yelled, running after her and grasping her arm. He spun her around and caught a glimpse of the fresh tears racing down her cheeks and the surprise at the mention of her first name from his mouth. Then look of anger scared her slightly and he felt her go limp in his grip as the words began pouring from his mouth. "Your one blind witch! I signed up for ruining you...for tearing you apart not for caring for you, not for protecting you but that is all I want to do! I can't help it because every bloody second of the day and night, I want you. I don't want to see you withering on the floor in pain again because of what MY aunt did to you. I can't be there again...I can't...I won't..."

Hermione stared up in shock, his grey eyes were clouded with tears as his lips seemed to tremble slightly.

Was this Draco Malfoy falling apart? Was this Draco Malfoy in love?

--------

Its a short chapter I know but I really wanted to give you guys something to read! I'm already working on the next chapter so that should be up in a few weeks and hopefully it will be way longer but thank you for all of you who've stuck with me and hopefully you've enjoyed this chapter xD leave me a comment bellow letting me know :)

ALSO to all you Hermione and Draco lovers! I have a taster for a new H/D story called Professors Secrets so go check that out and let me know what you think of it!

Xxoxx