6.

The beach was fairly crowded.  Hannah and I scanned the sandy beach, looking for the perfect spot.  I tapped Hannah's arm and pointed to an unoccupied portion of the beach.  We trudged over and spread out our large, brightly coloured towels on the hot summer sand.  I dropped to my knees and fished a bottle of suntan lotion out from my bag.  I began applying the lotion to my arms, legs and stomach.

     "Can I help you with that?"

     Both Hannah and I turned around to see Darius Fear standing behind us.

     Hannah's jaw dropped.  She took her sunglasses off, as if to get a better look.  Subtle Han, real subtle.  

     Darry was dressed in dark red swimming shorts.  He had a tan, muscular build, and he wore a single, black cord necklace around his neck.  He knelt down beside me and reached for the bottle.  "May I?"

     I nodded and wordlessly rolled over onto my stomach.  I shivered as he applied the lotion, but not because it was cold.  His hands felt like magic as they roamed over my skin, taking his time and not missing an inch.  When he was finished, I rolled onto my back and smiled at him.

     "Thank you.  Would you like to join us?"  My heart was beating wildly in my chest as I tried to play it cool.

     "I would love to, but unfortunately I was just leaving."

     My heart sank.  Disappointment must have been evident on my face.

     "I actually came over here to invite you to an end of school party that I am having tonight at my parent's beach house.  They will be out of town for the weekend so I am taking full advantage of it."  He bent down close to me.  "I would really love it if you could make it."

     I nodded yes without a moment of hesitation.  This was amazing!  It felt as if I were in some strange dream.  I just hoped that I wasn't going to wake up.

     "Great!  Here's the address."  I grabbed a pen from my bag and he jotted it down on a piece of paper.  "I'll see you tonight."  He winked at me, and turned to Hannah.  "You are invited too of course.  I hope to see both of you later.  The party starts at seven."  With a quick wave, he turned and jogged off down the beach.

     Hannah, with her mouth still hanging open, turned to look at me.  "My God!  No wonder you were so goo goo over the guy!  He is hot!"

     I nodded.  "Smart too."

     Hannah jumped up off of her beach towel.  "Come on girl!  We have some shopping to do!  We are going to glam you up for tonight!"

     I groaned.  "Can't we just wear what we would wear to any other party?"

     Hannah gave me a disapproving look.  "No we cannot!  Do you wanna hook up with this guy or not?  Because I can tell you right now, if you don't, there will be a line a mile long of drooling girls just waiting to get their shot at him."  She placed her hands on her hips.  "You don't want that to happen, do you?"

     "No.  I guess we are going shopping."