chapter 1

The weather was cold, it was mid winter. I had managed to sneak away from that god forsaken house. 'That is the last time I will let him hit me' I whisper to myself. I had gathered up only few spare clothes, I had little money, and barley enough strength to move after the beating i had recived.All I knew was I had to leave.
I was walking rather fast, for the fear of him waking up scared me to no end. I didn't listen to anyone who tried to talk to me, I didn't realize I had zoned out till I ran into somebody, dropping everything I had in my hands. I was on top of this person. " Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry!" I say getting up as quickly as I could. The man got up, he had brown hair and looked to be in his twenties. I flnched when he raised his hand. " No. dont be sorry,I wasn't watching where I was going, here let me help you get your stuff." the man said while picking up my clothes. I was shocked, and by the looks of it, so was he. " My name is Dan. What's yours?" I was even more shocked at this. " M-my n-name is (y/n)." I managed to say my face a deep red. " Well (y/n)," he began to say," it's not smart to be traveling alone around here at night, let me walk you home." He said with a smile on his face. Thats when my eyes filled with tears. I looked down at the snow, " I dont have a home anymore.." I said softly trying to hold back tears. He came up to me and whispered, "Don't cry, you can stay with me and my flatmate. It will be okay." He smiled softly at me and waited for my response. " I dont want to be a burden to you guys" I had said still looking down. " oh don't be silly!" He said cheerfully and grabbed my hand. " Phil will be most happy to see such a beautiful girl being our new flatmate!" All I could do was blush to what he said. 'I have never felt like this before around anyone.' The thought kept raging through my brain.