Chapter 54

Harry drove to the now semi-familiar route and neighborhood with a smile plastered on his face. His eager eyes scanned the perimeter and adored the kids playing in their front lawns. He was now near his destination and his excitement couldn't be more evident. His fingers were twitching and his foot was antsy to increase his speed. But his logic suppressed him. He wanted to hasten his encounter with his girlfriend, not a speeding ticket.

It's been another whole month since he saw her, a whole month since his hideous idea of breaking up with her. It was a good thing she was persistent and stubborn, or else he probably would be on his way to her right now without a clue on how to apologize.

He knew she was correct, no matter the circumstances; they will always end up with each other. It was either them or no one else.

The moment the last bell rang on their final day of school, Selena was quick to book a flight for the week after. She was intent on spending her vacation with her family in LA but not without first witnessing Eleanor tossing her graduation cap while proudly showing her 5-month belly. Louis missed the event, much to his dismay, all his three other band mates restraining him from going on carnage when management declined his request to attend. Thankfully, just like Selena, Eleanor was understanding.

Selena, much to Harry's protests immediately took a summer job in another café. But of course, she came out victorious, citing its close proximity to her house and having not much to do anyway during her vacation.

After a final right turn, Harry put his car into park and shut the engine off before going out. He was donned in a dark blue button up – half-opened of course – skinny jeans, ankle boots and fedora, removing his sunglasses as he went up the steps. He rang the bell once, a bit hesitant, unsure if Selena was up already since he did arrive a lot sooner than their agreed time. But upon hearing the muffled, creative profanities from the other side of the door, his grin only grew.

If he didn't know better, he could've sworn it was Gracie who was approaching the door with the padding of excited, light footsteps, resembling that of a toddler's that had just learned to walk. Not a minute later, the door sprang open, revealing his girlfriend that was clad in a tiny, yellow, floral dress that made his pants tighten a bit. But even before his eyes could fully appreciate the view, he suddenly felt himself being pulled as Selena suddenly took a hold of his collar and yanked him down then smashed her lips onto his before jumping up to tangle her legs on his waist.

Harry's hands immediately went to her backside, supporting her and feeling her as well. He stumbled quite a bit, but had thankfully regained his footing before they fell to the floor. His lids had closed and he was now moving on instinct as he took it upon himself to walk inside the house while his tongue moved against hers. His foot closed the door shut before turning them around, settling Selena's back against the door. Harry groaned against her lips as she tugged at his curls, causing him to press harder against her while his hands squeezed her ass tighter, until the sound of a throat clearing came from across the room. Harry's head turned so hard and fast, he was almost sure his neck might have snapped.

You've got to be kidding me.

There sitting with her legs crossed and a smirk on her lips was Selena's mom. For a moment, the couple was unable to move, seemingly rendered immobile with the amused gaze Mandy was giving them. It was only until her eyes did a once over of their position that Harry became aware where his hands were currently situated.

Oh Fuck.

It appears both of them realized it at the same time as Selena made a move to get out of his arms just as he started to pull away. "I'll just pretend I didn't see that" Mandy said chuckling.