Chapter 45

AN: Sorry I left you in a cliffhanger once again, I hope this makes up for it.

Thanks :)

(o)

Selena could already hear the faint hums of the opening credits and was tempted to come rushing back to the couch. Hotel Transylvania was one of her favorite films and not to mention, the image of an attractive lad sprawled on the cushions was, needless to say, much more appealing than whoever was at the door; which is most probably, just room service.

But as she opened the door, the friendly smile on her face faded in an instant only to be replaced with a grimace. The woman before her stood in a designer, polished white suit and dark sunglasses, but Selena didn't need to see her eyes to know her identity. Because after kissing her boyfriend in front of her face, she was sure the physique of Kendall Jenner was pretty much imprinted on her mind.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

(o)

Harry had never heard such hostility from Selena's voice. Possible scenarios of what could have prompted such a reaction from the sweet woman rushed through his mind, making the hairs on the back of his neck stand. But none of those could even come close to the sight that greeted him.

"Kendall?"

"What?" a unison of incredulous voices asked right behind Harry, Liam and Sophia crashing on his back at his sudden stop, causing him to propel forward a little from the impact.

"Oh please, enough with the drama. I didn't come here to argue" the model said dismissively.

Her voice pulled Harry out of his stunned stupor and immediately made a move to stand beside Selena. He wasn't going to let her insult his girl twice. But just as he neared his destination, Harry found himself completely astounded when Selena took a step forward and blocked the doorway. Her arms were crossed in front of her chest with a defensive stance - she was protecting him from Kendall. The model was more than a half-foot taller than his girl, but she seemed completely unfazed as she looked at the taller woman with a livid stare - even if she was just in her sweats.

He didn't know where this sudden boost of confidence came from but it was totally hot. He knew it was inappropriate to have these thoughts right now and should be focused in case he needed to defend her, but he can't help it, seeing her free of her non-existent insecurities made him really proud and happy.

"Kendall" a reprimanding tone from the right came, causing them to turn and notice the blonde model for the first time.

"Cara? What's going on?" Harry asked as he took a step forward, placing a protective hold on Selena's waist, while his other hand went up to her right arm, rubbing it soothingly.

"As Kendall explained, even if she's doing a poor job of convincing, she didn't come here to fight." Cara said.

"It's not my fault, she's being diffi-"

"Harry, Selena, is it okay if we can come inside to talk?" Cara asked, gripping her companion by the arm quite firmly.

Selena released a huff as she eyed Kendall warily then turned her head to glance at Harry, her words surprising him. "It's fine by me, as long as it is with you as well" she stated. For a brief second, Harry wondered who this girl he was talking to. Not a single thread of anxiety was present on her face, but it made him all the more pleased, she had finally obliterated all her barriers; just the way he had asked of her last night.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked. He wanted nothing to do with the female before them. But if for some reason it would be helpful for his girlfriend, then he would let it happen. But that won't mean that he'll let her go through it alone.