Chapter 35

<<<HICCUP'S POV>>>

*Flashback*

I'm currently driving to the forest. I have had the whole scenery decorated for this! There is a path that leads to a curved trellis arch that has Astrid's favourite flowers, orange roses. We were walking on the gravel. I'm walking on the path with Astrid, she is wearing a very ravishing, clingy dress.

"Hiccup, why on earth are we going on a date walking over gravel? I'm wearing high heels for Pete's sake!" Astrid complained.

"You will see!" I chuckled.

I was holding her hand and we finally reached the scenery I had set up. Astrid gasped in admiration at the sight.

"H-Hiccup, w-what is all t-this?" Astrid stuttered.

I bought her up so we were standing under the arch. Astrid looked...scared. Why?

"H-Hiccup!" Astrid squeaked.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and took a deep breath. Okay, okay, this is it! Time for the proposal...

"Astrid, Astrid, Astrid. You are the love of my life, I would love to spend the best of my life with you...which is why!" I smiled happily.

I got down on one knee slowly, Astrid had tears pouring down her face.

"Astrid Emilia Viking, will you marry me?" I asked.

I did it! I finally popped the question. Astrid had tears down her face, flowing like a waterfall. I have a huge smile etched across my face.

"H-Hiccup, I-I...I'm so s-sorry, I...c-can't," Astrid cried.

My face fell and so did the ring box, it fell right out of my hand. My heart has just broken into so many pieces. I slowly stood up, not letting my eyes leave hers.

"W-What...? Why?" I questioned, as tears filled my own eyes.

"I'm...I'm already...married." She whispered.

I couldn't look at her anymore. I grabbed the ring box and ran off. She wasn't calling my name, some love that turned out to be! I drove off at full speed, back to my house. I refuse to have her live in my house anymore! I got out the car not bothering to lock the car and slammed the front door as I walked in.

*Flashback over*

I'm just lying down on the couch in pure darkness. The curtains are closed, devices switched off and I'm basically a zombie. I don't care anymore.

"Ha, I was never good enough for anyone was I?" I said staring blankly into the TV screen.

I stare into the screen looking at my reflection. Ha, some guy eh? Guaranteed to be happy, but what happens? I get rejected and heartbroken, nothing changes anywhere! The doorbell rings. I just ignored it, it went again after a couple minutes. It rang again and I slowly sat up making my way to the door. I open the door to see
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Astrid.