C26: Party On

The minibus set off down the road from MBHS. It trailed down the hill and over the curves, heading towards the highway.

Hannah texted her mum, explaining her situation.

Hannah: Will's party is tomorrow night- I'm staying at his house (don't worry there's other girls) but I can probably come and see you on Sunday morning if u want.

Mum: k sweetie u have a great time xx (u 2 really need to get together😉)

Hannah: 🙄😂😘 have u told dad that I like him?

Mum: I think it was pretty obvious at Christmas but yes I did tell him. He seems fine with it, he likes Will anyway. He's a nice kid.

Hannah: and funny, kind, hot... The list goes on

Mum: 😂 yes u go girl! Have a good time xx

Hannah: thnx mum ur the best... the best mum ever

Mum: xx

Hannah spied the beach where her and Will had first met out the window. Will turned around from the seat in front of her and smiled warmly with pearly whites. Hannah's heart melted.

"Where we first met." They said in unison. They smiled at each other. Hannah spotted something in his eyes, a small spark of...

Was it love?

~

They arrived at the top of a hill overlooking both a little beach and London in the distance. A house sat comfortably on top of the hill.

The group of people got out of the minibus, thanked the driver and collected their luggage. The party consisted of Will, Zack, Jacob, Dean, a few of Angela's ex-friends, including Pam, who had gotten a lot better since she left, and a few more popular people. None of Hannah's friends there, but she could make new friends, and spend more time with Will.

The group of teenagers walked in through the front door, led by Will. The house was big and modern, with two storeys. The party was met by Will's parents, and they were introduced.

Hannah was the last to be introduced.

"Mum, Dad, this is Hannah. This is her first year in England."

His parents smiled at her. His mother especially.

"It's so nice to meet you, Hannah." his mother commented, shaking her hand.

"And you, Mrs McKay."

"Please, call me Kylie."

"Hey, my mum's name's Kylie!"

"Yeah, I know! I met her before Christmas."

"Oh ok!"

The teenagers thundered up the stairs. Will showed the girls their room, and the boys followed him to his room.

There was 10 people in total- 5 girls and 5 boys, and a couple of Will's cousins were coming the next day.

The girls entered the room and dumped their stuff onto beds.

"Hi, Hannah. I'm Sophie." A dark haired girl smiled at Hannah. "That's Pam, Trina and Tilly the twins," she pointed at Pam and then at two redheads.