C23: Turkey, Pudding and Presents

Will knocked on the door of the Lawrence's big house. Hannah opened it and smiled. She hugged him, saying,

"Merry Christmas Will!"

"Merry Christmas, Han."

"Come on in! Please, come in."

They walked down the hallway and into the living room where the people that were in there smiled at him. This included Jack and Kylie, Louise, Emily and her new and improved boyfriend Simon, Emily's friends Donna, Kaz, and Sophie, Hannah, Lilli, Zoe, Paula, Mary and Ariana. 15 people in total. They were having drinks and all chatting merrily.

"Sorry, I feel so bad for this, I forgot to ask you if you wanted to invite some friends over. Sorry." Whispered Hannah to Will.

"No, no, that's ok. I have you, and I can talk to that guy over there."

"Oh, that's Emily's boyfriend, Simon. He's nice. Do you want a drink?"

Will walked over to the tree and placed Hannah's present under the tree. He really hoped she liked it.

He grabbed a drink and went to talk to Simon. They got along well. He couldn't stop thinking about Hannah.

It's getting to me... He thought.

"Lunch is ready!" Called Kylie, Hannah's mum.

They sat down to lunch and had a merry time. Will and Hannah were next to each other. They chatted about the first semester of the year, and the Lawrences talked about their old home in Australia.

"When's your birthday, Hannah?" Said Will.

"July 14th."

"Oh ok, just after the holidays start."

"Yeah. It used to suck when we were in Australia because it was in winter, and winter in Melbourne was pretty cold- not as cold as some places though. When's yours?"

"April 10th."

"Oh ok. I'll have to get you a present then. Are you having a party?"

"Yeah probably coz it's my 16th."

"Yeah same. I'll invite quite a few people here I think and have like a formal dress dinner party or something."

"Yeah cool."

"Is everyone finished dessert? Because we can open the presents now if you are." Said Kylie.

Everyone scraped back their chairs and went into the living room where the Christmas tree was.

Everyone exchanged presents. Hannah's friends had luckily decided to keep their presents from Hannah until the afternoon. Simon gave Emily a silver bracelet with a few diamonds in it and a pair of earrings. Emily gave Simon a football shirt and football.

When it finally came to Hannah and Will exchanging, both of their hearts began thumping. Hannah started. Will unwrapped the delicate paper. Inside was a red bow tie, a navy collared shirt, black jeans and a phone case.

"I'm sorry it's not much, but I thought you'd like a new tie for that tux, and you look really nice in collared shirts and jeans." Said Hannah.

"Thanks Han," he said, beaming at the compliment, "But when have you seen me in that?"

"When we ran into other earlier in the year, when I was posting that letter."

"Oh yeah!"

"Oh and if something doesn't fit, we can go shopping, coz I have the receipt, but I'm not giving you that."

"Why?"

"Coz I don't want you to know how much I spent."

"Stop chatting you two, and get on with it!" Smiled Emily.

Will stood up and walked to the tree. He picked up the nearly wrapped present (done by his mother) and walked back, handing it to her.

"Merry Christmas, Hannah. Oh and I'll give you a clue- I have the receipt too."

Hannah untied the bow and unwrapped the paper. What she saw stunned her. A dress of amazing quality sat before her. It was of aqua colour, and strapless. The bodice was a flowery pattern, and was connected to the bottom by a lighter turquoise, silk ribbon with a bow at the side. The bottom was a light blue-aqua, flowing out. It would have been about above-the-knee length. There was also a navy coloured box. When she opened it, Hannah found a silver necklace. It was a love heart locket with diamonds on it.

"Oh Will. You shouldn't have. Thank you." Tears welled at the side of her eyes. She flew at Will and hugged him. He was stunned for a moment, then he hugged her back.

"But I should have." He said.

I love you, Will. Hannah thought.

I love you, Hannah. Will thought.

😊I'm pretty happy with this book. It's not the best I've written, but you know. Comment what you think is gonna happen!

Who had a good Christmas? I did, with my family on the beach. What about you guys?

Catch yas later, xx Chloe