Epilogue

5 years later

"William! Come here and help with dinner please!"

Will sighs and rolls off the bed. He turns and smiles apologetically at his girlfriend of 5 years tomorrow.

"Sorry. Mum'll kill me if I don't do this."

"I'll come and help." Hannah says and jumps off the bed.

"Oh no, you don't have to."

"Look, it's the least I can do when your mum is throwing us an anniversary/birthday party tomorrow."

"Ok. We'll see what mum says."

They walked down the stairs hand in hand to the kitchen where Will's mum Kylie was there slaving over a hot stove.

"What can we do mum?" Said Will.

"Well, hun, you can set the table, oh Hannah darling you don't have-"

"I want to help. It's the least I can do." Hannah repeated determinedly.

"Ok, you can chop up some salad then." Said Kylie.

Hannah proceeded towards the fridge and brought out vegetables. She began to chop them up when Will can up behind her and put his hands on her waist. Hannah turned to kiss him in the cheek but Will sneakily turned his head so that they were touching lips.

"You'd make a good wife." He said under his breath and winked. Hannah smiled. He'd been hinting this for at least 3 years, since they got out of high school.

Hannah was doing an arts degree at the university of London and working at the Target down the street. Will was doing an apprenticeship in building and architecture. They missed each other heaps because even though Hannah didn't live on campus, they were pretty busy. They called, texted and face timed each other practically every day.

It was the school holidays currently, and the two were spending a lot of time together.

Hannah sat down at the dinner table with Will's family- his mum Kylie and dad Stephen, his older brother Darren and younger sister Sunny.

She rested her head on Will's shoulders and smiled. She couldn't wait until tomorrow.

~

Hannah stood out in the McKay's garden, dressed in a long, stunning ombré dress- it faded from royal blue to duck egg blue to light bluey-lilac to white. Her hair was done up in curls that were tied back on top of her head. Her make up was carefully done and her white high heels made her that bit taller. She talked to Will's friends from work, then spotted a group of people entering the gate. She excused herself, picked up the bottom of her dress and tried to run over to them in her heels. The group spotted her and squealed. The crashed into her, pounding her with hugs and kisses.

"I've missed you guys so much!" Hannah grinned.

Before her stood Lilli, Mary, Zoe, Paula, Ariana, Sophie, Tilly, Trina and Pam, followed by Will's friends Zack, Jacob and Dean, who Will met eagerly.

They chatted about what they were doing at uni or in apprenticeships. Then they went into the garden to have dinner.

After they ate, Will's parents and Hannah's parents stood up and walked to the front of the garden in front of the tables. Stephen tapped his wine glass.

"Tonight we celebrate two special things, and two special people. Today Hannah Lawrence turned 21, and tonight is also the anniversary of her and her boyfriend, Will, our son." Everyone clapped and cheered and Hannah's parents stepped up.

"We won't go on, but our little girl has grown up so much. She's now an adult, she's at uni and she's no longer under our rules. We are so happy for her and Will, we want to congratulate them on their 5 years."

Will's parents stepped up again. "We hope that their love with cherish and prosper. Thank you."

Everyone clapped. A few more people stepped up, then Will took Hannah's hand and walked up to the front.

"Today marks a special day. It is Hannah's 21st birthday, and our 5th anniversary of being together. Hannah is an amazing person. She has accomplished many things, such as finishing with very high marks and getting into a highly ranked university. She has many sporting and musical achievements. And she also ended up with me." He grinned, everyone laughed and Hannah smiled at him.

"But the things I love most about Hannah are her eyes and her smile. Ed Sheeran once said, 'Granny Sheeran told me that if I'm looking for a partner to fall in love with, fall in love with their eyes because eyes don't age, so if you fall in love with their eyes you'll be in love forever.' When I first met Hannah, I fell in love with her eyes. They were the most lovely things I had ever seen. And I also fell in love with her smile. She smiled at me, and it was like my world had been born again. I love Hannah with all my heart." He looked at her and smiled. Hannah was wiping the corner of her eyes, she was crying but didn't want her mascara to smudge. She hugged him.

"Will-" she started, the words catching in her throat, tears threatening to spill, "I had so much to say, but now I'm crying and can't. But I'll try.

When I met Will, it was like I was in another world. As I grew to know him, I fell in love more and more. And guess what? I fell in love with his eyes, his smile. And I fall in love with them more each day." Her voice cracked and more tears spilled. Will held her, kissing her head gently. When she had stopped crying, Will turned to face her.

"Hannah, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

He bent down on one knee, pulled out a black box and opened it.

"Will you marry me?"

Hannah's hands flew to her mouth. She started crying all over again as everyone cheered. She kissed Will and held him close.

"I take that as a yes?" Will smiled.

"Anything for you." She said and kissed him again.

She had no words to describe how she felt. No words to say to Will that could express her love for him.

Except ...

"I love you." She whispered in Will's ear. And they smiled.

So there you are. I'm finished and I hope you liked it. Comment below on what you thought of this book (I know it's not the best).

Hope you liked it,

Chloe xx