C16: School Assemblies and Exciting News

The holidays were over, and soon enough, Hannah and Emily were on the train again.

Once they arrived at school, they were both greeted by their friends who hugged them and in the process almost knocked them over.

Then Hannah received a surprise. A boy of about Emily's age walked up to Emily and hugged her. Hannah's jaw dropped to the ground.

"You have a boyfriend? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was waiting for the right time."

"Oh pfft. How long have you been going out?"

"A month."

"What?!?!"

"Oh, how rude am I. Ant, this is my sister Hannah. Hannah, this is Anthony."

"Nice to meet you."

They talked for a while and then went in separate directions. The girls gossiped about their holidays and what the assembly was going to be about.

"Wait what assembly?" Hannah inquired.

"There's an assembly when the bell goes. There's often something exciting in it." Said Zoe.

"Oh ok."

Right on cue, the bell resounded through the school. People stormed in from every side into the assembly hall. People took their seats and all was 'quiet' in about 5mins. The principal walked up into the stage and stood at the microphone.

"Good morning my dear students!" He boomed into the microphone. "Welcome back to another term at MBHS!" Cheers and clapping thundered through the room.

The headmaster said some boring stuff about new curriculum and teachers. But then he had some very exciting news.

"This term we have decided to introduce something new. Many other schools do it, but we have decided not to until now. This term and terms afterwards, we have decided to have a school disco!!!"

Everyone cheered. It continued for minutes, the cheering and clapping and whistling.

"Settle down please!" The principal shouted into the mike. "We have decided that you can all be trusted and therefore have confirmed this. However, if you mess up, we will not have them any more. Understood?"

Understood echoed through the hall. The teachers dismissed them and they were off to class.

Writer's block sucks guys, just saying. I should know coz I have it right now.

Anyway, hi everyone! Short chapter sorry. I'm writing this on holidays in Sydney yay!!! I'm so glad it's holidays. I don't have wifi so I'll post when I get back.

I put in a competition a few chapters ago, I think it was chapter 10, and you could win a dedication and a shoutout or something like that. Please please please check it out!!! No one's guessed yet😓. Please do!

Thanks guys. Please keep reading and maybe chuck us a sneaky vote or comment! Or both!

xo Chloe