C27: In their own little world

"What's everyone wearing to the formal next week?"

It was near the end of the school year for MBHS. The Year 10 formal was to be held the next week, third last week of term.

The girls were discussing the formal- what they would wear, what it would be like.

"Hannah?"

Hannah snapped out of her daydreaming. She was thinking about Will. She was still thinking through the events of the previous months- Will's party, Angela leaving, Christmas, the dress...

"Sorry, what?"

"What are you wearing to the formal?"

"Oh, I'm wearing the dress that Will gave me. I'm going to pick it up this weekend."

"Oh cool."

The bell rang as they walked to class- Maths. The teacher strode around the corner when they reached the classroom, peering over her sharp rimmed glasses, her heels clicking. She signalled for them to go in.

"Right, class. I know it's the third last week of term, and your formal's next week, and your exams are over-" everyone cheered at this- "so we're going to watch a movie."

They cheered even louder at this. They would never have though this maths teacher would go soft on them. But they weren't complaining.

"Well, not exactly a movie, more of a TV series. You can choose between The Big Bang Theory, The Hills or Once Upon a Time."

The cheering ceased, and some groans erupted.

"Or we can do Year 11 maths work." The teacher smiled.

The groans stopped and they agreed on Once upon a Time.

Hannah glanced at Will in the corner of the room. He seemed to be off in his own little world, just like her. His friends were around him, whispering so the teacher wouldn't notice. He was silent. What's he thinking about?

A few minutes later, Will broke out of his revere and looked over at Hannah. She was looking in the direction of the smart board, but not really watching it. Her head was resting in her soft hand. She was daydreaming, not paying attention to her friends that were whispering around her. What is she thinking?

If only one of them had the guts to tell the other how they felt. If only the other would own up to it. If only the world was always like that.

~

"Hey Paula? Can I talk to you a sec?"

Hannah was really nervous. She needed to tell Paula about Sophie and Zack.

"Yeah."

"Well, I hate to tell you this, but Sophie and Zack are going out. They were making out and cr*p at the party."

Paula smiled. "That's ok. 1, I knew already, and 2, I don't like him anymore. He's a player- not my type."

Hannah was shocked and relieved. "Well, then. That's sorted. But Sophie's really nice, though."

"Yeah, I know."

Hannah hugged Paula. "I'm glad you're not bawling your eyes out or something." Hannah said.

"Why would I be?" Paula scoffed and grinned.

Sorry this is kinda short but ya know. I'm trying to finish this book and 'He's my Alpha' as quickly as possible so that I can start writing my new book in time for the Wattys this year!