C25: A taste of your own medicine

It was two weeks into the school term when Angela stalked up to Hannah on 'concealed' heeled shoes. She walked directly up to her and then slowed down, putting on her most fake smile.

"Hannah! Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Um... Yeah ok."

Hannah's friends shot glances at each other and then glared at Angela as she dragged Hannah off in a vice like grip.

"You know, sometimes Hannah is just too nice." sighed Zoe.

Angela took Hannah around a building, then narrowed her eyes and pushed a finger into her chest.

"Look. You stay away from Will, ok? You have no idea what you're doing. He's mine, ok?" She scoffed at Hannah. "Why would he like you anyway? You're just a low down sl*t."

"I think you have it the wrong way around, Angela. I'm not the sl*t here. He may not like me, but he sure wouldn't like you."

Angela's cheeks flushed red. She was fuming.

"You're a b***h, you know? That was so rude."

"You must be rubbing off on me. Coz I'm only being like this because you've been so mean to me."

"I'll break your leg again, b***h."

"Threats from you don't worry me any more, Angela."

Smack.

The slap was expected, but it still hurt. A lot. Hannah touched her burning face, refusing to cry.

Angela smirked. "Slap me back. Go on, do it." She slapped Hannah again and again.

"Why aren't you crying?" sneered Angela. "Aww, poor diddums. Are you hurt?"

She raised her hand again to slap Hannah again, but someone grabbed her wrist mid air.

"Stop that. Now."

Will stood there, a frown on his face.

Angela smirked. "Why?"

"Because that's such a b***h move. And no one likes a b***h."

Angela's mouth hung open. She struggled free and ran off.

"Are you ok, Hannah?" Will rushed over to her, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"No." Hannah sobbed, hiding her head in his chest. She cried as he hugged her.

"Come on. We'll go see the headmaster about this." said Will.

They walked in the direction of the front of the school, past Hannah's friends, who rushed up to them and pestered them about what happened.

"We'll tell you later." Said Will. "I'm taking her to the headmaster first."

When they reached the headmaster's office, Will knocked on the door to be answered with "Enter!". And so they did.

"How can I help you, Master McKay? Oh, Miss Lawrence!"

And so Hannah told her story to the headmaster.

"Hmm. I shall talk to Miss Angela now. Carrie? Get Angela from year 10 please."

Carrie was the secretary who ran errands for the headmaster.

"Yes sir." she said, getting up from her chair. She checked the timetables, finding Angela's, then checked her watch, nodded her head one, two, three, then the bell rang.

"Right on time." She whispered, and rushed off to find Angela.

Will put his arm around Hannah's shoulders to comfort her. She rested her head on his shoulders and sighed.

"I seriously don't understand her." Hannah whispered.

"She's pretty messed up. She has a pretty bad home life, she was anorexic, she had plastic surgery. Before her surgery, she was still quite pretty, she had braces. But she was unhappy, so starved herself and then got plastic surgery. She was also bullied a little bit, but it wasn't that bad."

"How do you know so much about her?" Hannah frowned.

"She made a big deal about in front of her friends. And it spread pretty quick."

"Oh ok. Will, I need to tell-"

Bang. The door was slammed open, and there stood an angry Angela. Her hair was messy, her uniform askew, and her mascara was running slightly.

"What do you want?" She shouted at the headmaster.

"Angela, is what I've heard from these two-"

"It's not true! They're just mean liars and cheats! They've ruined me. Hannah slapped me, I slapped her back!"

"I don't think-"

"Of course you don't! That's why this is such a cr*p school! Because you're dumb!"

"Angela-"

"Don't speak to me like that! I deserve better than this!"

"Angela..."

"Stop it! You've ruined my life, all of you! I'm moving schools. Today. I'm calling mummy right now."

"ANGELA!"

This time she was silent. When the headmaster shouted, it meant he was angry.

"You are suspended for the rest of the week. You can move schools if you wish. Sort it out with your mother."

"Fine. I'm never coming back. Ever." With that she stormed out the door. They never saw her again.