C19: Disco Disco!

The week finally came for the school disco. It was on a Thursday, from 7-10pm. The theme was 'Group Acts'.

The six girls (Hannah, Ariana, Lilli, Paula, Mary and Zoe) were going as a group, they were going as a netball team. They all played netball, so it was convenient, and they had decided to ask if they could make a school 16yrs netball team the next year.

As they got ready after dinner, they giggled together. They all secretly hoped that their crushes would ask them to dance, or ask them out altogether.

They went down to the hall at 10 to 7, they were super excited. Music was already blaring out of huge speakers.

As they stepped into the hall, they were blinded. In the huge, dark room, coloured lights danced around the walls. People were on the dance floor, jumping up and down in time to the music.

A teacher asked if he could get the girls' photos, for the school newsletter. They stood in a group and smiles and then did funny faces.

They walked into the middle of the floor and started singing along to the songs and dancing.

"It's only been 10mins and I'm already having fun!" Zoe shouted at Hannah.

"Yeah, me too!" Hannah yelled back.

Then she spotted them. A group of five boys walked into the room. They were wearing tuxes. They are gonna get so hot. What am I saying, they already are! Hannah thought.

Then she saw that the group of boys was all the girls crushes.

Including Will.

Hannah gawped and then blushed. My god he's hot. She thought. Then she turned around and nudged the other girls.

"Look who's here." She said. The other girls stared. Hannah grinned. "Like what you see?" They nodded. Then Paula grinned and said (being the cheeky one), "like what you see, Han?"

"Yep." Hannah laughed and continued dancing.

About an hour and a half later, the lights were turned back on and a drink break was installed. The canteen was open, selling food and drinks. The girls walked over to it and bought what they needed.

The disco lights were back on. The girls ran into the dance floor and jumped and sang wildly.

Hannah turned around on a whim and looked for Will.

But what she saw made her stop dancing.

He was dancing with one of the popular girls, holding her hands and grinning.

Hannah walked to the bathroom. It was like her body was drained of something. She gulped in deep breaths of the cool bathroom air. Lilli came in.

"What's wrong?"

Hannah took a deep breath. "Will was dancing with another girl. I thought I had a chance with him."

"You still do. If someone's dancing with another person, it doesn't mean they're going out, you know. It might have been a dare. But you know the popular group. They just do stuff like that. Pair up people and get them to dance, whether they like it or not."

"But what if they are going out?"

"Hey. You can still be friends with him, right? Just come and enjoy the night."

"Ok."

They ran back out the door. Will wasn't dancing with her anymore. Hannah sighed.

"Hey girls. How about we all ask our crushes to dance with us?" Zoe said.

"Is that a dare, Zo?" Paula smirked.

"Sure is, Paula."

"Then I accept." And with that, she walked boldly up to Zack and talked to him. Then they joined hands and started dancing.

"How is she that brave?" Hannah asked Lilli.

"Oh, she's always been like that."

Then she went with Mary and Zoe and they asked their crushes to dance and they did. Ariana looked at Hannah and sighed.

"I don't have a crush yet. Who am I supposed to dance with?" Ariana asked.

"Hmm. Looks like we have some match making to do. How about him? He looks like your type." Hannah pointed to a rather cute nerd in the corner. Sure, he wasn't exactly popular, but he was nice.

"Ok!" Ariana said, cheerfully, and walked over to him. They started dancing.

Hannah spotted Will in the crowd and walked over to him.

"I was looking for you!" He shouted over the music.

"Well I found you." Hannah smiled. "Wanna dance?"

"I was just about to ask the same thing." Will said.

And their fingers interlocked. Fireworks flew in Hannah's head. She was happy again, all of a sudden. She forgot about the other girl. She was in that position now, she didn't care.

Their dancing went on for several minutes. Hannah felt like the happiest girl in the world. Then her friends dragged their partners over to her and Will. They started dancing together.

At the end of the night, they were all exhausted. They had had lots of fun.

"Did any of us get asked out?" Said Zoe.

"Na. I'm pretty sure anyway." Said Hannah.

"I did, but not by my crush." Said Mary.

"And?"

"I said no, of course."

"Who was it?"

"Um... I think his name was Paul."

"Yeah but we had fun right?"

"Sure did."