If You Ever Come Back (12)

I sat in the living room with my face burried in the soft sleeves of my jumper. The front door opened and Danny walked through. "Hey hey hey Lu!", he said all cheery. I didn't answer. "Lu?". He dropped his shopping bag and sat next to me with his arm aroumd my shoulder (ugh).  He lifted my chin and looked into my swollen, purple, distusting eyes. "I think Glen is mad at me", I sobbed. "Why? How could he be mad at you?". I explained to him my selfharming problem and what it does for me and showed him the marks that remained on my arms forever. I could tell he was refraining himself from bombarding me with questions and such. "Lu, Glen loves you very very much. He told us this morning! You're his shining star". I really wanted to believe Dan but it was difficult. "Who would love a girl that cuts herself?", I said in a angry tone. "Nobody. I'm useless. My mother was right", I said before he got to say anything. "Don't you dare say you're useless. You may have a slight problem, but we can all help you fix it. We love you Lu. We really do", he assured me. "Thank you Dan,  I apprecitate it. But I'm extrememly worried that Glen might think of me differently now. I've loved him more than words could ever tell you for many years and this is my DREAM. It's being ruined".  "I love you, Luana, more than you could imagine", Glen said, leaning agasint the corridor of his bedroom door. He walked over to us and sat next to me and embraced me in his strong arms. "Nothing will ever make me think differently of you. I love you", he said. Danny left us alone and drifted off to the kitchen.  "I can't even explain how much I'm greatful I am to have you", he told me. He kissed me gently on the lips. I laughed, "I think my lip is bleeding again". "Let's get some stitches, shall we?". I nodded in agreement, grabbed my handbag and used Danny's car since G's was in repairs.